Forums Latest Members

Custom Strap from Strapped For Time

1. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Nov 4, 2015

Today I finally received the watch strap I ordered from Strapped For Time. I ordered a 20/18 waterproof black leather, to fit Omega deployant, no padding, each piece 100mm long. It was shipped using FedEx, adult signature required. Oh well, I wanted to work at home anyways.

This strap was intended for my WatchCo Seamaster 300.

This is how it looks when it arrives. It comes with spring bars but I have special beefy bars for the bracelet that I reused.

IMG_0318.jpg

Searching through multiple catalog images on old-omegas.com, it appears that dress watches received a lightly-padded crocodile strap and the sport watches received a bracelet... but some were shown with leather strap and they were always a flat strap.

Omega still produces a flat strap; here it is in comparison to the new deployant strap.

IMG_0319.jpg

Hard to tell in the picture, but the Omega strap is thicker and less flexible than the new deployant strap. The new strap is very flexible and quite comfortable! As you can see it sits on the deployant buckle quite well.

Here's a shot on the watch from the buckle side.

IMG_0323.jpg

And another shot from the watch side.

IMG_0320.jpg

On the wrist from the watch side.

IMG_0326.jpg

On the wrist from the buckle side.

IMG_0324.jpg

Sorry for the blur, a little jittery today. :)

I've had the watch on for half an hour now and it's very comfortable. Light weight and good fit and waterproof makes it a good choice for the Seamaster 300. I went for the '60s look with the flat strap; you might choose the 5mm padding that is more or less standard for Omega deployant straps, at least according to the vendor. They also have plenty of exotic skins.

I mostly did this because the deployant's styling matches the rest of the watch and it's just a cool thing. :)

Hope you enjoyed this post.

Tom

Rockmastermike likes this.
  2. Rockmastermike Nov 4, 2015

Fantastic set up.
    I've had a couple of things from SFT - all were outstanding

3. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Nov 4, 2015

Looks terrific :)