Forums Latest Members

Curious... if you're a VIP at one OB, are you at another?

1. Meme-Dweller Jun 11, 2017

Just a hypothetical. Do the OBs keep a database of all their "VIPs" across stores throughout the country? For example, if I spend a ga-zillion dollars at the Houston Boutique, can the Vegas Bellagio Boutique look me up and give me preferential treatment when a limited model comes out?

I know ADs are per-store, but I'm specifically asking about the OBs that stamp warranty cards with "OMEGA BOUTIQUES USA"

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 11, 2017

I'm not even a VIP in my house, so I have no idea about a VIP at any boutique. :(

ras47, neilfrancis, George.A and 6 others like this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 11, 2017

Define VIP? If you buy from the same OB they will invite you to events at that location.

Any OB will normally offer to clean a watch or change a strap if you want them too.

What are you expecting from another OB?

4. Meme-Dweller Jun 11, 2017

VIP as in a repeat customer who has spent a substantial amount of money with the store. OBs prioritize LE models to "VIPs" if the demand for them is strong. Just wondering if I'm on vacation and Omega pulls another SpeedyTuesday (but in-store instead of online) out of the blue, if I have a chance to reserve one. If I contact my local OB, you can bet they will move me to the front of the line but I'm curious if another OB in the network is like, "WHO U THINK U IZ, MUH DUDE?"

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 11, 2017

I would say generally no for buying LE's. They would prioritize local repeat buyers first. Your OB can search their entire network for watches though. I had them pull all open Spectre 300sm serial numbers that where open, and received the list of open serials.

6. sensui Jun 11, 2017

The answer is no....doesn't mean they won't make some concessions after they make calls confirming who you are if you're that adamant....but IMO other than the events they invite you to, there isn't much else you could ask for that's extraordinary......and the events would be only through the one you usually shop with.

7. Motman Jun 12, 2017

I'd say no too. How would you feel if an out-of-town VIP beat you to a LE at your own local OB?

8. Screwbacks Jun 12, 2017

meaning, all VIPs should have preferential or priority treatment and option in most, if not all, OBs on any special or limited watch edition?:mad:

9. w.finkenstaedt Jun 12, 2017

Slight correction, VIPs do get preferential treatment. I personally know at least a handful that have been taken to the Olympics, been to NASA, golf tournaments, etc. on Omega's dime, wined and dined the entire time. These are specific to the US and Brazil market though, so YMMV for other regions.

We are talking well into the five, if not six figures or more for this kind of treatment. VIP status is also able to be seen across all boutiques in a certain country, as long as they look up the client.