Forums Latest Members

Crown has become difficult to pull

1. JayO Jun 9, 2020

I have a Dark Side of the Moon Vintage Black, and as the title of the thread states, the crown has become difficult to pull out when the watch needs to be adjusted. I've had the watch since last October, and this has just recently started to give me trouble. It used to be no trouble to pull out, adjust as needed and push back in. Now, I've needed to use something like a pocket knife, instead of my thumbnail, to pry the crown out. Has anyone experienced anything like this? The watch has not been banged or dropped at all, so I'm at a loss for what could have happened all of a sudden.
    Thank you for any help.

IMG_4408.jpg

2. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 9, 2020

I obviously cannot diagnose your (or any watch) but a similar issue I had with an IWC was the protecting ring from the crown being displaced slightly. @Archer gave me the heads up and the watch is currently at IWC (since it was under warranty I just sent to to them)

3. AntonisCy Jun 9, 2020

I would never use a pocket knife to pry out a crown on an Omega. :eek:

I would send it in to be checked.

Foo2rama likes this.
  4. Meme-Dweller Jun 9, 2020

Do you have any trouble winding it?

5. JayO Jun 9, 2020

I figured that comment was going to get this reaction. :)
    I was very careful, but won't be doing that again. Now that my local AD is opening back up I do plan on bringing it in for them to check out.

AntonisCy likes this.
  6. JayO Jun 9, 2020

No trouble winding it. Once I am able to get the crown out, everything seems to function properly.

7. Jonathan40 Jun 9, 2020

Is it still a normal feeling when you (after winding/date change) push the crown in and re-secure?
    If this is problematic it sounds like in might be cross threaded but if it only occurs unscrewing then very strange.
    That’s what the 5 year warranty is for, just in case!

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 9, 2020

It is under warranty. Stop playing with it, and call your nearest Omega Boutique, not an Authorized reseller.

Nobel Prize likes this.
  9. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jun 10, 2020

Completely agree with this. ThTs what I did with the iwc. It’s under warranty, let them do the work for free.

Foo2rama likes this.