Forums Latest Members

Courage. I need to just do it!

1. Hduck Feb 25, 2020

This is really strange...

As I had previously posted, I got my first brand new Submariner about a month ago. As an owner of ten Omegas and Breitlings I have always babied them if it’s raining by keeping them close to my side. I know there is some water resistance but since they are all chronos I wasn’t going to tempt fate.

I understand the waterproofing of the Sub (heck that’s the whole reason behind it). Perhaps because of years of previous conditioning I’m just reluctant to immerse the damned thing! Yeah it is pretty strange behavior ::screwloose::

Yes I do need help! Anyone know of a recovery group. ;)

DaveK, KynaSD and Duracuir1 like this.
  2. funkright Feb 25, 2020

It’s a Submariner right? It’s meant to be in the water. If there’s an issue with that wouldn’t it be better to find it now? Trial by fire, no group needed.

DaveK, Duracuir1, Hduck and 1 other person like this.
  3. lindo Feb 25, 2020

Go surfing my son.

My first good watch was an Omega Seamaster Diver 300 at the tender age of 21, and I wore it every day for the next twenty years, wearing out two SS bracelets in the process. It went into heavy surf many times and had hard duty elsewhere. I shudder to admit it now, but that watch was never serviced the whole time (and never seemed to need it).

I know you are talking about a Submariner and not an Omega, but surely it should be able to keep up.

Duracuir1, Hduck and timecube like this.
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Feb 25, 2020

It's a Sub. Just wear it.

I used to wear mine 24/7, my day job as a weapons tech on fighters in Malaysia and Australia, usually wore it in the shower (2X a day), wore it swimming (ocean) and diving (pool) and water skiing, motorcycle riding, playing golf etc etc.

The only thing that ended our relationship was the end of another relationship.

DaveK, Duracuir1, Hduck and 2 others like this.
  5. joeshoup Feb 26, 2020

I keep encouraging my brother in law to keep surfing with his sub. He's worried about beating it up, but I tell him he's more likely to break before the watch does...

Duracuir1 and Hduck like this.
  6. alam Feb 26, 2020

@Hduck agree. You do need help. Calling @OF_Counselors Good luck!
    :)

7. Burr Feb 26, 2020

You have a modern watch for modern times, it was made to be worn under the sea, enjoy it!!

8. FBPB Feb 26, 2020

Wait until it gets its first ding, you'll have your heart attack, and then all will be good ;)

Seriously, make sure the crown is screwed down tight and go jump in a pool, ocean or wash the dishes... It can take it.. But just remember to rinse if off with clean, clear water afterwards!

DaveK and Duracuir1 like this.
  9. Engee Feb 26, 2020

I’m a therapist.

Do you know how cruel it is to keep a live fish out of water? I’m guessing that as a kid you used to turn tortoises on their back to see what happens.

DaveK, Om3ga321, Duracuir1 and 2 others like this.
  10. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 26, 2020

She took your watch! That's low...

Duracuir1 likes this.
  11. Hduck Feb 26, 2020

Hey thanks folks. This is mostly tongue in cheek but still some truth. Yes the first door ding on the new car metaphor applies. Off to the shower...with the watch!

Edited Feb 26, 2020
    FBPB and Duracuir1 like this.
  12. Om3ga321 Feb 26, 2020

Subs,Daytonas,GMTs,their all bullet proof.
    JUST DO IT.

Hduck and FBPB like this.
  13. killer67 Feb 26, 2020

first cut is the deepest but these new subs can be passed down your kids. Wear and enjoy it before your kids get it

Hduck likes this.
  14. Hduck Feb 26, 2020

No. I was the guy who watched others do it. When they walked away I turned them back over and corrected the situation

15. flw history nerd Feb 26, 2020

dougwhiz, Dan S, lindo and 2 others like this.
  16. KynaSD Feb 26, 2020

Can't blame your hesitation, man! It's difficult not to worry. If you just HAD to do it, maybe start with your least favorite :p

17. Omega-Q Feb 26, 2020

If it's brand new...you have a warranty! Use it for what it is made for! I took my new SMP diving...zero issues!

Hduck and KynaSD like this.
  18. Hduck Feb 26, 2020

Well its my only Rolex so....:thumbsup::D

19. Hduck Feb 26, 2020

That is frikkin hilarious!

flw likes this.
  20. ExpiredWatchdog Feb 26, 2020

Yeah, it's called PADI.