Forums Latest Members

Could use your advice on first Omega purchase, please...

1. EDwelly Feb 28, 2018

Hello all. New member here. I had hoped my first post would be showing me new to me Omega watch, but alas it was not to be. My current daily watch is a Hamilton Khaki King Scuba Automatic and it is a super nice watch. I decided to get a used 3210.50 as I felt this would be a great transition into a nicer watch and the size dimensions are very similar to my current Hamilton Khaki King. However, when the watch arrived, it seems MUCH smaller than the Hamilton. Not so much the watch itself, but more of the bracelet. So much so that I sent the watch back.

Where I could use your guidance with my dilemma is trying to decide is the 3570.50 model would be a closer fit to my current Hamilton. I realize the 3750.50 is 42mm and ~14mm so those are very close to my Hamilton. Both bracelets are 20mm.

Is it possible the 3215.50 could have came with a ladies’ bracelet installed?? It just seemed so dainty.

Anyway – I appreciate anyone’s advice on this. My local AD only sells new and has very little selection so I can’t just go and check them out in person.

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Feb 28, 2018

Hi Ed and welcome!
    We have limited focus, short attention spans and love looking at pictures....can you help us with some illustrative photos?

Waltesefalcon and EDwelly like this.
  3. EDwelly Feb 28, 2018

UncleBuck - Looking back, I wish I had kept the 3210.50 and did some measuring but I didn't. I called the vendor within 10 mins of opening the packaging and as soon as I got off the phone, I packed everything back and drove to a UPS store to ship the item back.
    I would be happy to show a pic of my Hamilton if you feel that would help assist in any way.

4. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2018

The 3210.50 is the Speedy Day-Date Automatic, so has a 19mm bracelet that tapers to 16 mm. So it’s a little narrower than the 20 mm bracelet on the standard Speedy Pro. I wouldn’t call it “dainty” but if you have huge wrists I guess it could be. :)

Euxinus, Foo2rama and EDwelly like this.
  5. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2018

And BTW, the older 3570.50 is identical to the new Speedy Pros, other than the bracelet having friction pins and a slightly different clasp, along with the presentation box. Surely your local AD has one in stock. So go try it on and see if you like it.

That will tell you more than a few random guys on the internet. :)

Euxinus and mayankyadav like this.
  6. EDwelly Feb 28, 2018

Here is the Hamilton

IMG_0072.JPG
  7. EDwelly Feb 28, 2018

I didn't realize it tapered down to 16mm. If that is the case, then that would certainly explain my reaction as I wasn't that.

8. Donn Chambers Feb 28, 2018

A lot of classic watch bracelets tapered to 16mm, even some starting at 20mm at the lugs. I don’t mind it, but some like the non-tapered look. To each their own. I think the 19/16 mm straps look quite nice on my Speedmaster FOIS.

9. EDwelly Mar 2, 2018

Thanks again for your reply Donn. I would like the 19/16mm on a dress leather strap, but not on the bracelet. This just further supports my internal justification that I need to own a Speedy Pro. :)

10. strick9 Mar 2, 2018

for real I can't read or write but I love looking at pictures

11. EDwelly Mar 4, 2018

well hopefully the next pic I post will be a wrist shot of my new Speedy. :)

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 4, 2018

I find the Speedy date wears much smaller then the Speedy pro. More then the 2/3mm would imply. The slope on the bezel and smaller lug to lug cause this.

My wrists are not huge at 7.5inch and I would have sold my Speedy date due to size but my gf likes it to much.

The Speedy pro is a great size.

13. 77deluxe Mar 4, 2018

+1 speedy pro

14. padders Oooo subtitles! Mar 5, 2018

If it has the massive presentation box then it’s not a 3570, the 3570 came in a smaller red box mostly. The big box model, still current, is the 311.30.42.30.01.005.