Forums Latest Members

Could use some expertise in identifying this vintage Omega.

1. Omega100 Jan 18, 2016

Hello all.

I have a vintage Omega here that I could use some assistance with.

I took it to the Omega boutique in Manhattan two weeks ago and the watchmaker there opened it up to have a look. The movement is fine (works and keeps accurate time) but it needs to be re-lubricated and the seals need to be replaced. The acrylic crystal is cracked and needs to be replaced as well (obviously). Everything else is rock solid. They told me it's circa 1960s. Markings and all the numbers are as follows:

- Calibre: 601
    - Case reference: 135012
    - movement: 25026447

...... Aside from the above they told me that they cannot help with identifying or praising. Any thoughts?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Jan 18, 2016
  2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 18, 2016

Here is information on your watch from the Omega Vintage Database:

https://www.omegawatches.com/planet-omega/heritage/vintage-details/15023/

The "Geneve" is the model designation, but not all watches with this case reference had the name on the dial. Omega might have several dial variations for a particular case reference.

Not sure if the hands are correct for this model. Doesn't match the ones in the picture.

Omega had so many variations, that it is impossible to say for sure.

Dial looks original to me.
    gatorcpa

3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 18, 2016

I think the black hands are correct for the dial, matching the black numerals and no lume present.

4. Omega100 Jan 18, 2016

Thanks for the replies.

I looked up the geneve line but of the few hundred models I saw none had numerical dials or hand like on mine. Plus the cases vary greatly. And yes, no luminous markers on mine.

Compared to all the others I have seen I am digging the look of mine the most. I'm more of a NATO/military style watch guy myself and when I get dressy I try to keep things as simple and dapper as possible as possible.
    The numerical dial and red second hand add a touch of sport that I like.

5. Omega100 Jan 19, 2016

So based upon what has been presented this far does anyone here have any experience with what market value on a piece like this might be?

I need to get a solid idea before I go putting any money into it.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 19, 2016

Assuming hands are correct, maybe a few hundred dollars.

Crystals can range from a few bucks to $50 for an Omega signed version. Service will be $100 to $200 if done

Not a high value piece.
    gatorcpa

7. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 19, 2016

I did a search on watchrecon.com. Cal 601 Geneves seem to list for $250-$450, with the high end being for one that has been fully serviced and is a nice example. Most were $250-$350. Could not find a match for your specific reference, though -- most appeared to be a little newer (135.109, etc.).