Forums Latest Members

Could This Be Another Replica Cloisonne Dial or the Real Deal??

1. richard1983 May 30, 2019

Hi, I barely bought this watch as it was offered for just AUD250 to me, but comparing it to other omega cloisonne observatory dials made of purely gold dials made me think otherwise. Is this really the real deal? I only managed to save the front face as the ad was taken down quick, maybe someone already bought it. But I noticed the case is entirely flat and the observatory copula logo was really really flat than most constellation casebacks. Thanks for those who will check it out!
    Cloisonne.png

2. cristos71 May 30, 2019

It's a fake, the last cloisonne observatory Constellation I saw for sale had an asking price of over $50K

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. richard1983 May 30, 2019

Thank you for that, the buyer mentioned that he was not aware of the watch being left by his father and even advertised as quartz but the dial says its an automatic chronometer. That is why I did have this thinking that it might be legit, but my research also shows otherwise

Edited May 30, 2019
  4. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 30, 2019

Nasty looking fake.

Now, I don't wish to come across as being judgemental (although I probably will)..............but my intentions are benevolent, not malevolent.

But! (another "but!")
    If you think a quartz watch can't be a chronometer and vice versa, you really shouldn't be looking at buying at this stage, especially in the vintage arena.

Spend more time reading and absorbing and soon enough you'l be confident enough to spend ludicrous amounts of money on things that 95% of the population consider to be SET (Stone Age Technology).

connieseamaster likes this.
  5. richard1983 May 30, 2019

sorry for that i just forgot to include that it was advertised as quartz but the dial says it's an "automatic chronometer". You are right, quartz also have chronometers like what I have now my Breitling Colt Chronometer quartz..but I appreciate your advise on its authenticity, coz I was somehow in some degree had this feeling that I might be on very good hunt but good thing I decided to beg off from the sale.

6. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 30, 2019

[​IMG]

Lucasssssss likes this.