Forums Latest Members

Could this be a Mk IV a386 case back type?

1. subregister Jul 23, 2020

Note that one just went at Tajan for $5,200 USD

2. chronoboy64 Jul 23, 2020

Do you have further infos / pics ? Much appriciated !
    Thx

3. wristpirate Jul 23, 2020

ELV web and chronoboy64 like this.
  4. chronoboy64 Jul 23, 2020

ELV web likes this.
  5. subregister Jul 24, 2020

Agree...I think that would a good buy. Even not a prime example, its hard to get into an A386 for that low! Well done, buyer! :thumbsup:

Medinatalzahra likes this.
  6. Medinatalzahra Jul 25, 2020

An absolute steal...

7. Charger_Vital Aug 10, 2020

Please post if Zenith Responds. I'd be curious as, I have the 706D623 pictured above. As fate would have it, I am moving to Switzerland in September. If they don't respond by then, perhaps I will take a ride to Le Locle so I can present the watch and ask in person. Thanks!!!

8. subregister Aug 10, 2020

Good news, I actually just heard back from them today.
    Bad news, they pointed me to simply getting an Extract from the Registers. Depending on who at Zenith replies, on occasion more information is provided, but unfortunately was not the case this time. The Extract from the Registers (or Archives, long ago) would sometimes provide a case description (including caseback information). On the newer Extracts (2020) I have never seen any case description, unfortunately.

Currently Zenith Extracts provide "the model, the functions, the calibre, and the production date corresponding to the movement and case serial numbers of your timepiece in the Zenith Registers", which won't help us in this situation.
    The Certificate of Origin might, but I can't say conclusively (and I've never actually seen a Zenith Certificate of Origin - if anyone out there has one, please share!). Zenith states that a CoO "will enable you to certify that the movement, the case and the dial of your timepieces originate from Zenith. It will be issued along with a detailed description of the model, the functions, the calibre, the case, the dial and the production date of your timepiece, based on data from the Registers and the Archives of the Manufacture, complemented by a meticulous analysis of your timepiece by our watchmaking experts in Le Locle." However, assuming the caseback is of Zenith origin, but not intended for the A386, it does not seem they would indicate. At least that is my read...

Would be interesting to see how they would respond to the direct questions whether the caseback is i. correct for that case number and ii. if it was intended for the A386. If you get there @Charger_Vital , please let us know! ::popcorn::

9. Gopher Dec 30, 2021

Hello, all. I am the new owner of the 706D second example above. (Shout out to Charger_Vital on a fantastic transaction!)

See attached photo of the caseback inside. Hopefully this helps with this mystery. IMG_0240_900x.jpg