Forums Latest Members
  1. rocketeer Nov 11, 2015

Hi there,

this watch was offered to me some days ago - see pic. Could that be a fake? Thanks for your help.

Rocketeer

IMG_20151110_225602.jpg
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 11, 2015

My guess is authentic, but a very bad redial.

3. rocketeer Nov 11, 2015

Hi Canberra, thanks for the swift reply. Your guess is based on?

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 11, 2015

Experience.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 11, 2015

But seriously, it's the right shape for correct/authentic watches. It also doesn't look like any of the thousands of fakes we have seen here.

To be certain, we would need photos of the back and insides.

arkstfan and rocketeer like this.
  6. rocketeer Nov 11, 2015

Well, thank you then, will ask the guy who offer the baby for pics of back and inside and then report back. And luckily i didn't post a reply on your previous answer "Experience". Gave me a good laugh, though. Will be back with more intel tomorrow...

7. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 11, 2015

Have a look at the thread entitled "don't fall for a fake vintage omega" (or something like that). That will gnever e you a sense of what out and out fakes look like.

Regardless, I'd avoid this watch. The dial looks like it was drawn by a 10yr old.

8. devnull Nov 11, 2015

In specific, look at the fat markers next to the smaller ticks, notice how on some (actually most) of them one side is closer than the other, a sloppiness you will not see on an original dial. The hands have lume but the dial itself doesn't have any (either both our none would have it). The Swiss made is not even centered, and the calligraphy looks odd. Heck if it was actually the real deal it would still look like crap.

arkstfan likes this.