Forums Latest Members
  1. kostas123 May 7, 2017

I went to my local Costco store out on Long Island today and I went to there watch display and I saw a Rolex Datejust 41
    two tone gold with the gold champagne dial for 8699 witch is cheaper than the ad. I think it comes with out warranty
    but I am wondering how they obtain them. I know they have been selling Brietling chronomats for a while now.

2. mokofoko One sad panda May 7, 2017

I know that at one point they used to sell some Omegas, and they came with serials removed. No warranty of course. I'd be shocked if they were a Rolex AD :D Costco return policy is good though?

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 7, 2017

I believe that it is also quite possible to purchase a "Calatrava" at Walmart. ;)

Fritz likes this.
  4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 7, 2017

It happens. My local store had Cartier for a while. How? Lots of speculation out there but no facts. It totally fits their strategy of being a destination for shopping surprises. Given their size and buying clout who knows how this is really working?(Wink) Happy accident? (Wink). The watches last time were Caliber De Cartier and they had just launched. Big fan. I always stop by the watch case. You never know. ;)

5. McJamesT May 9, 2017

Same here. Most are Invicta but mine has had one or two Rolex models and a couple of Breitlings. Their website has gold Daytona models last time I looked! First time you stumble on it, tends to throw you off.

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 9, 2017

Tag, Omega, Cartier, Rolex, Panerai, and even PP have been seen at Costco and at other retailers (I'm sure there's more but those are the brands I've seen personally or seen reports of being at Costco). I took this screen shot from the on-line site a few years ago:

[​IMG]

This seems to really upset Rolex fanatics specifically - not sure why to be honest. They are essentially like any other grey market seller. In Canada some Winners stores will also have luxury watches from time to time, like Rolex, but it's less common than at Costco.

As for the warranty at Costco...

[​IMG]

Better than the brands themselves. I would personally have no hesitation buying a watch at Costco if they had something I wanted, and the price was right.

Cheers, Al

sky21, BlackTalon, R3D9 and 1 other person like this.
  7. danicycle May 9, 2017

I see Rollies, Omegas, Breitlings pop up every now and then at my local Costco

Larry S likes this.
  8. gostang9 May 9, 2017

I am a big Costco supporter, and do a lot of my shopping there as an Executive member. I must live in what they consider a lower income - blue collar type city as I've never seen an Omega, Breitling or Rolex at the local store. I do see Tags, Raymond Weils and a lot of lower priced Seiko's and 'designer-branded' watches.

As for warranty, my personal experience has always been great with Costco. They seem very focused on ensuring the customer is always happy.

Larry S likes this.
  9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. May 9, 2017

Absolutely no issue buying from Costco. They stand behind their products, pay their employees fairly and offer tremendous value for money.

ahartfie likes this.
  10. PHPHD May 9, 2017

Imagine a vintage Patek with a "Costco" retailer signature in the place of Gubelin, Cartier, etc...

11. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 9, 2017

I took this pic a few months ago at my local sams club. It was a 3570.50. They wanted $4098 for it. Oddly they said it had been in their safe for months and they just put it on display a few days before I stopped in.

IMG_2942.JPG

ahartfie likes this.
  12. dougiedude Carpe horologium! May 9, 2017

That doesn't seem like much, if any, of a savings from retail... but I haven't checked in a year or so...

IS it?

13. Frunkinator Keep tickin & tockin, work it all around the clock May 10, 2017

A buddy of mine has a friend who manages a nearby Costco. He said they take back absolutely everything with no questions asked. One time, he said someone brought in a 4 year old Breitling Super avenger. When they asked what was wrong with it, the guy said nothing, he just didn't like it anymore.
    Boom, full refund.
    Unbelievable

McJamesT likes this.
  14. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 10, 2017

One of the welds broke on one of my 7-year-old patio chairs from Costco last year. I still had my receipt so back it went and I got credit toward a new one. I was impressed. My work neighbor returns all kinds of stuff all the time.

15. McJamesT May 10, 2017

I accidentally dropped a case of soda outside the store. Cans blew up everywhere, all over me. They just looked at me and said, 'you have your receipt, bring it back in and we will take care of you'. That was when Costco got me as a member for a long time.

16. Ssunnylee24 May 10, 2017

I just hope people dont abuse their refund policies. I see so many christmas trees beong returned after season.

TNTwatch and McJamesT like this.
  17. Jking something intelligent and witty... May 10, 2017

And just saw this in the case at the sams club in Metairie, La...what timing with this thread!!
    IMG_3868.JPG

McJamesT likes this.
  18. TNTwatch May 10, 2017

That was an abuse that raised the cost for everyone else :thumbsdown:

McJamesT likes this.
  19. chanbar May 10, 2017

I almost got a yacht master for $6,000 two weeks ago. I slept on it overnight, went back to Costco next morning to buy it and it was gone. Bummed about it. Right now for Mother's Day they have a couple Omegas in both men's and ladies side so they can roll right into Father's Day. In terms of quality, it is absolutely the same. They sell it with all the same papers and they have their own warranty. The official warranty is not valid since they are not an AD, but as mentioned before you can always return anything (exception is computers, tablets) anytime for whatever reason. I've seen a BBQ grill returned in the fall and the stainless was all charred and they just gave the guy cash. You don't even need the receipt since they keep a record of all your purchases in the system.