Forums Latest Members

Cosmic redial? Seller claims not. But it looks too good to my eyes.

1. msp1518 Jan 28, 2015

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...x-/251806830056?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Gents, is this Omega Cosmic too good to be true? The seller claims that this is not a redial. I PM'd him and he replied: "Dial its original undone and I don't have the proper tool to open the Watch, but I can assure its 100% original and Genuine and in premium condition, almost impossible find another in to condition."

Opinions? I'm in the hunt for a vintage Omega for my mom (retirement gift) and really love the look of this one. But I am not in any way an expert on vintage pieces and therefore need assistance.

He also has a gold plated Omega Seamaster that I really like, but again... What's the real deal on it? I am the current high bidder, but Lord knows if I should bid higher.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Omega-Seama...806612725?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3aa0d7fcf5Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Cosmic_eBay.JPG Omeg_vintageplated.jpg
  2. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Jan 28, 2015

that Cosmic photo looks like something out of a catalogue....... too perfect. I'd be nervous as hell dealing with the guy.

likely nervous enough to run away screaming like a little girl.

3. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 28, 2015

If it's perfect, then logically it can't be a redial, but it wouldn't matter if it is. If that makes sense.

4. Time Exposure coordinates his cast with his car's paint job Jan 28, 2015

I'm confused why the seller is selling other watches under a different seller name? If you look at the eBay recommendations, there are a few with exactly the same type of photography. Example:
    Item 261747183968 as seller "vividlily"
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=261747183968Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

5. ketiljo Jan 28, 2015

The photo is certainly vivid enough. It's so heavily Photoshop'ed that it wouldn't show a scratch even if it was right in front of you. But when that's said, it looks pretty good and the dial might as well be original. Beware that the Cosmics are _very_ difficult to open.

6. ulackfocus Jan 28, 2015

Cosmics with the 102x movements are from the 70's and it's possible that's an original finish. Black should always make you suspicious though.

7. msp1518 Jan 28, 2015

I have asked the seller to provide another new photo without any Photoshop applied.

His other auctions do not have nearly the photographic quality. They are blurry sh*t so I am doubting those pics are of the actual watch he is selling.

I really don't get how sellers think they can get away with pawning off fakes, redials etc. eBay is merciless to sellers now and always goes with the buyer. I know people who have bought what turned out to be fakes, reported them, got a refund AND were not even required to send the watch back.

8. msp1518 Jan 29, 2015

An update. The seller refused my request for more pictures of the Cosmic. He then pulled the auction.

The auction for the gold plated seamaster is still active.