Forums Latest Members
  1. Edward53 Jul 26, 2016

A little while ago the crown came off my 1012 Cosmic 2000 Diver, see below. I don't know whether it can somehow be fixed as is or the stem, the crown or something else needs replacing. Is this a difficult or expensive job? A hard part(s) to find? It's maybe not the world's most exciting diver but I like it and would rather fix it than just bung it on ebay. Can anyone recommend a suitable repairer in the UK who doesn't charge the Earth? Thanks.

IMG_3965.JPG IMG_3967.JPG IMG_3974.JPG

2. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Jul 26, 2016

The crown stem has a split on the end that allows the removal of the crown. It attaches internally to the watch, kind of like a clothes pin. When put in place properly, a small snap or click is heard and it should be secure. If the crown still can be removed very easily, find a watchmaker.

Edited Jul 26, 2016
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2016

As noted the stem is in 2 parts - male and female. Here is what they look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the stem can snap back together, but after a while of doing this the prongs can get "sprung" a bit and the stem doesn't hold together as well. If it keeps coming off and you don't lose the crown in the process, then getting the crown portion of the stem changed is a good idea.

Note that the case tube on that watch was either not fully seated when it was installed, or is now coming out. I would see a watchmaker soon if I were you, and I would certainly not trust this watch around water...

Cheers, Al

kingsrider likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jul 26, 2016

Thanks guys. If anyone can recommend someone in the UK....