Forums Latest Members

Correct part # (and supplier) for normal length DSOTM cordura black strap

1. steelfish Jun 5, 2017

Hi All,

Long time lurker, now with my new Speedy 9300 :) :) Would someone be able to point me in the right direction for the 'normal' not long length Cordura deployant strap, please? And if possible a supplier with one in stock in UK.

I seem to only be able to get hold of the pin and buckle version or long (220 cm) versions. I intend on using it with my satin stainless deployant as I can't quite find the justification to go for a new ceramic deployant clasp as well.

Alternatively, I have tried the lovely grey side of the moon alligator strap on this watch and I do really like the colour combo. Sadly I only had the pin buckle version of that also - and had to borrow any old 18mm buckle. I could maybe go for the deployant version of GSOTM instead. OR what about the vintage brown deployant, anyone any pics of that combo on a normal 9300 speedy?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

2. tyrantlizardrex Jun 5, 2017

Hey @steelfish

Often, Omega themselves are the cheapest option for genuine straps.

From previous experience, you're best contacting the customer service line (on the Omega website) first, to get the part number, and price, and then ordering through your closest boutique.

Good luck!

3. yinzerniner Jun 5, 2017

Black cordura deploy strap normal length for the SOTM series is part number CUZ003216. Grey alligator normal length is CUZ004450.

The vintage calf is probably my favorite of all the SOTM straps. Really goes with everything, with the added security of the deploy style clasp/buckle mechanism. Don't have any pics on hand but have seen plenty of people rock them for the DSOTM and GSOTM.

4. steelfish Jun 6, 2017

Thanks for the confirmation. The hunt continues...

5. tyrantlizardrex Jun 6, 2017

Any reason you're not calling Omega?

6. steelfish Jun 6, 2017

Yes oddly they first told me they could only sell me strap and deployant at the same time.

Second time I called they can only deliver to an omega boutique, which is a bit of a hassle for me

7. tyrantlizardrex Jun 6, 2017

Very odd... but that can be their customer service all over some days ;)

The first part isn't true (at all, they're separate parts)... an AD should be able to order if you have one close by.

Or maybe a member that's near a boutique could pick up and post to you?

Where are you based?

8. steelfish Jun 6, 2017

Yes I thought it a weird statement the first time also.

I'm in West Yorks.

9. tyrantlizardrex Jun 7, 2017

Just talking to my local OB at the Royal Exchange about other matters, and enquired about this for you.

The black, cordura deployant strap from the DSOTM is PN: 032CWZ003216.

Current price is £180 and they have one in stock.

Happy to help out getting it to you if you're struggling locally, although they did say that an Omega Authorised Dealer should be able to order one using the full part number above.

:thumbsup:

10. steelfish Jun 7, 2017

Wow. Thank you so much. I just called my local dealer and they've said it would be 3-5 weeks and can't order until tomorrow anyway. So frustrating.

Shall I call royal exchange direct and see if I can persuade them to ship do you think?

11. tyrantlizardrex Jun 7, 2017

I don't think it would do any harm - if they can't maybe we can work something out? Happy to help if I can!

12. steelfish Jun 7, 2017

Result I think! They will post as they took pity on me, and I can pay by BT. Just emailed them to confirm and as long as they will accept just a model number (as clearly I don't have a DSOTM to hand) I should be home and dry.

Thank you so much for your help , it's much appreciated.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  13. tyrantlizardrex Jun 7, 2017

Happy to help! :thumbsup:

14. steelfish Jun 9, 2017

hmss007, Wills, Wing Zero and 2 others like this.
  15. Wing Zero Jun 9, 2017

Looks great!!

16. steelfish Jun 9, 2017

Thanks. I'm well chuffed with the look, and the comfort.

17. hmss007 Apr 24, 2019

@steelfish (or anyone with similar strap), I'm working with Jean Rousseau to create a custom Cordura strap for my Speedmaster Racing 9900 with orange stitching on front and back (instead of the black front and red back). They are able to make it for me - based on the DSOTM strap that @steelfish has.

Can you tell me what the lenghts of the straps are for the Omega part #CUZ003216?

One more question too - they mention "ogive tip" for the strap - does that mean the pointy end like above? :)

Thanks in advance.
    IMG_5475.jpg

Nachman likes this.
  18. steelfish Apr 24, 2019

Happy to measure my strap for you, only issue is I'm on holiday in Florida for another 7 days and I swapped to bracelet the morning I flew out.

I'll keep an eye on the thread and measure it as soon as I get back though

Sorry about that, bad timing!

19. dwboston Apr 24, 2019

Will the JR strap work with the Omega deployant clasp? I thought I read in another thread that JR couldn't make the end of the strap so that it fits into the Omega clasp.

edit: maybe that was a leather strap in the other thread and not the Cordura like the one above.

20. hmss007 Apr 24, 2019

They claim it will. Thanks @steelfish. I have the rally deployant strap on my Speedy now and measured that. Came to 100mm for short and 105mm for long. Hoping the DTOSM straps are same.