Correct Crown for 1973 Geneve

Hey all, just received a watch from an eBay auction. Only issue is that it appears to be an aftermarket crown. I’ll attach the photos below. Would anyone happen to know what the correct crown should be or where I could find one? The serial number dates the watch to 1973 and is a Cal 1012 Ref 166.0163.

thanks all for the help!

If you know the reference number. You can do a google search. The ones with the same on them is the one you probably need.

can also use the reference number inside the case back and order one. However. Current are gold plated and won’t be a 100% match to case colour

last. If you order a new crown. Buy a new stem as old cut to fit incorrect crown. Might be long enough, but if not. You incur a second shipping fee

Thanks Don! Much appreciated reply. If I were to bring this to an omega boutique or a watchmaker (referred by this forum) would they be able to get the correct crown? Ultimately I’d like to have this serviced, crystal replaced, and the new crown installed.

Do not take to an Omega boutique. They will send to Omega and cost you a load of money

if you post where you are located. Someone might suggest a watchmaker or go to the AWCI web site and search on the Find a Professional link that should list some in your area.

always get est’s on costs and mention what you want done and what you don’t

Don, I was thinking of using Manhattan Time Service, as I’m located in New York City. I’m glad you mentioned not to send it to Omega as I don’t mind saving some money lol