Forums Latest Members
  1. nyc863 Jan 20, 2014

I have inherited a 60s constellation cross dial, gold capped and the buckle on the crocodile strap is missing.
    unsprung the axle (which remains) is ~17mm, should I be looking for a plated gold buckle such as

"Vintage Omega 16mm Yellow Logo Buckle BOMBAY Style Gold Plated. Circa: 1960s" to match what the watch likely was sold with?

or something different?

thanks.

2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 20, 2014

Most people here are not all that fussed about original straps and buckles. However, if you do want help, can you post pictures of the watch and buckle?

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2014

Nearly all the Omega buckles on eBay are fake, I actually use high quality aftermarket buckles these days as even the genuine vintage Omega ones are not particularly great to use.

4. nyc863 Jan 20, 2014

thanks.

My bad eyes didn't notice the external sand and dust that shows so clearly with a macro shot :)

DSC01343.JPG
  5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 20, 2014

Buckles are very tricky. Most of the time, they were supplied by the local distributor who may have purchased them from Omega, or contracted an Omega licensed design locally (in the US and UK).

As dsio stated, almost all eBay buckles are fakes of one sort or another. My suggestion would be to get a modern Omega 16mm gold plated replacement from Ofrei.com or just go generic.

BTW, not all geniune Omega buckles have the symbol on them.

[​IMG]

gatorcpa

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 20, 2014

I found the Omega GP buckles that have a more square and hard edges end are a bit of a pain compared to the more convenient rounded end ones in general.