Forums Latest Members
  1. agee May 17, 2015

A neighbor has this Constellation that he wants to sell. It appears that it has been worn very little. He has had it for a while but has not worn it very often. It is a very nice watch and I was thinking of buying, but I have a gold DeLuxe and I am looking more for military watches
    It has the Omega symbol on the crystal, crown marked Omega, pristine condition gold capped case, 2 tone dial with cross hairs and waffling, running and keeping time-no service history known. He does not have pictures of the movement or inside case back. He said he was hoping to have the back removed later this week and he would send me pictures
    The crown functions properly in setting the hands, but it is a bit loose. He and I showed the watch to a local watch maker (he did not have his case removing tool when we saw him this morning and he didn't want to open the watch until he was on his bench) and he said it could be fixed but that he felt it should be left alone for now because the watch was running properly. The issue is that the crown is loose when pulled out and does not make a "click" when pulled out or pushed in. This does not affect the rime keeping in any way
    I said to my friend that I would post the watch description and pictures here and gauge interest and see if the watch and dial look okay, and see what the value could potentially be
    The watch maker felt it was correct and said it was in pristine condition
    He is not sure of what to ask for a price, but he does want to sell
    Opinions please on value, does it appear to be correct, any interest?
    Here are some hastily taken pictures. I am not in possession of the watch. I forgot to move the hands but I think the cross hair goes thru 12:00
    I appreciate any expertise, advice, and assistance-thanks for your time
    001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 17, 2015

Case is in OK condition, but certainly not pristine . Dial, good but not excellent. Value, perhaps 1200-1400 US. Needs Service for wear.

3. Interstellar May 17, 2015

Crown looks like it's from seamaster though.

4. agee May 17, 2015

Thanks to Cicindela and Interstellar for their thought and opinions-I appreciate the help
    Watch seems to look nicer in person-case is very nice if not pristine and the dial looks better in person
    Crown looked okay to me, but I am not an expert
    Any other opinions? Thoughts? Pricing ideas?
    The watch may be on the For Sale Section here later this week
    Thanks

5. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! May 17, 2015

Agee is this a Ref 2782? It might be an US market because I know see Swiss at 6. Hard to say how much its worth without a movement shot and the crown issue. Here is one that sold on ebay last week to give you a better idea, but that one was in way better condition that this one in my opinion. Hope this helps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-OME...oxJTyQYsOgzUKIC2UGRX8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=ncPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

6. TexOmega May 17, 2015

mmmm, guilloche and crosshair ....::love::

7. agee May 17, 2015

I don't think it is a 2782-it is not a pie pan
    has the Omega symbol and a few scratches on the crystal
    watch looks much nicer in person
    crown incorrect?

8. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 17, 2015

I might be interested.....

9. Lessismore Pro Constellation picker-outter! May 17, 2015

Well if it is a bumper it most likely is a 2782, I think no 2782 was a pie pan by the way... first pie pan in a press in case was the later 2700 in gold case, but I could be wrong... anyways, there will be people interested here in this particular watch. And the crown most likely is a replacement even tho some earlier constellations did come with this type I think.

10. agee May 17, 2015

Don't think it's a bumper
    Data base says 2782 is a pie pan-thus my above comment
    also 2782 is screw back-the one I am mentioning is a press back according to data base
    But thanks again for your help, I appreciate your time and thoughts

11. agee May 18, 2015

Sorry guys
    After all the above the owner now has "cold feet" and says he doesn't want to sell the watch right now
    He wants to think about it for a while
    I apologize for this