Forums Latest Members
  1. Samir Dec 1, 2019

Apologies to all at the very outset.
    I am aware that pictures are absolutely essential for your feedback but at this point in time.. I have only one.
    This is an image that I have received from a source.
    My observations are that the case looks kinda sharpish. The lume dots, the text , the crown etc seem ok. The crystal is original.
    Im assuming that it's a cal 551?
    It's just the patina/deteriorating dial that may hold me back.
    Now the price quoted is around $975. Should I chase this down or let it go? Constellations in unmolested condition are indeed getting hard to source.

Thanks in advance.
    IMG-20191201-WA0015~2.jpg

2. ConElPueblo Dec 1, 2019

Is it yellow gold cap with a... rose gold crown?

I wouldn't buy a Constellation with this much aging myself, but I am sure that if you do, you could probably sell it again for the same amount without trouble, if the rest of the watch checks out.

Samir likes this.
  3. Samir Dec 1, 2019

Thank you for your insight!
    I honestly missed the color difference between the crown and the case. Was so caught up in the examination of the dial etc... That I completely missed that fact.
    Yes... It's a goldcap. What is your assessment of the case considering that there is only one pic that I have provided?

4. ConElPueblo Dec 1, 2019

I think it is reasonable and wouldn't deter me very much. Had it been a steel case I would probably have more critical.

Samir likes this.
  5. Noddyman Dec 1, 2019

The lugs look a similar colour to the crown, might just be the lighting.
    I agree with @ConElPueblo the dial has too much ageing for a dress watch.

Samir likes this.
  6. kkt Dec 1, 2019

I'd be very reluctant to buy a watch with only a picture of the face. I know not all sellers bother to open the case and get a picture of the movement and inside of the caseback. But how much bother is it to turn the watch over and get a picture of the back? Make me suspect that something is wrong with it.

Samir likes this.
  7. Samir Dec 1, 2019

Exactly... I will wait for more pics.