Forums Latest Members

Constellation Globemaster Urban Gentry 24min review plus ArchieL Ultraman

1. Omegafanman Apr 30, 2019

Constellation Globemaster Urban Gentry 24min review (link below)

I know this guy is a bit marmite (translated as very polarizing for people who don’t know yeast-based food spreads).
    I am impressed that he has just put up a 24 minute fairly detailed Omega Globemaster review. His channel is popular so nice to see this very worthy watch featured so strongly. I know some of you are camera experts with light boxes etc but I still think this is a really hard watch to photograph / film in a way which does it full justice and truly captures its aesthetics. There are some errors in the information he gives but it takes time to pull a script together and even with a few edits a 24-minute one take narration is no mean feat, so you have to cut him some slack (IMHO). Anyway, it is free content so hard to complain about the odd slip and it is a nice education for people less familiar with the Omega history (not a problem on this forum I know :0). This video is a hit for me just for featuring some nice close up images of the watch.

Rolex killer is a bit strong / over the top, but I guess like all Internet Gnu's he needs to drum up a bit of controversy. Sorry Archie but this video is still a winner winner Rolex chicken dinner killer :0)

On a serious note I do love the Globemaster – but I am biased and mine says hello :0)

GM2 - Copy.jpg
    Edited Apr 30, 2019
    Katana, werdna77 and Longbow like this.
  2. Omegafanman Apr 30, 2019

Archieluxury Ultraman review......I take it all back. Archie is still the Ultraman pontiff and just put this video (well Paul Pluta did) out in real time so it is an Omega fest from the YouTube Gnu’s this week…. Winner winner sushi dinner.
    As an aside what was the story with the 1861a as opposed to 1861. Did Omega just drop the a?
    I am supposed to be working but between this forum and YouTube I have no chance :0)…

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 30, 2019

This is by far my fave Urban Gentry review...;)

pippy, Longbow, AAAKK and 5 others like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Apr 30, 2019

I just can't watch TGV any more , I used to at one time but jeez that guy is cheesy and cringeworthy at times. Not for me. Mind you I find the ever popular B&J not much better either, I couldn't even make it through one of his videos with all the coffee showing and bragging about how he specially designed this very standard seatbelt NATO that alot of brands are selling with near identical hardware(probably from the same Chinese factory). Maybe i made a bad choice of first video to watch there.

Archie on the other hand find I do find pretty entertaining, always feels like a guilty pleasure watching that guy :D

apsm100, KingCrouchy and Lucasssssss like this.
  5. Omegafanman Apr 30, 2019

I hear you but I do tend to forgive the white cotton gloves for watch videos… Most people don’t want HD close ups of fingernails, follicles etc…. although sadly knowing the internet I imagine there will be a close up human fingernail site with a dedicated following :0

Edited Apr 30, 2019
  6. sah May 2, 2019

I really enjoyed his Globemaster review, and had no prior info on this watch. It has moved into my list of future next purchase candidates.

Omegafanman likes this.
  7. Katana May 5, 2019

I liked watching the video because I love the Globemaster and love watching reviews of it. I sometime watch the Urban Gentry, but prefer Archie. The Urban Gentry is like Kenny G, cheesy and cringeworthy but a relaxing easy listening break from the heavy metal that is Archie. Archie has GM review too.

Omegafanman likes this.
  8. Omegafanman May 6, 2019

For people who don't have time to search content you should post the link (I missed that one / so many vids and his arrive faster than London buses)…. actually a lot of his vids are about buses / trains and planes these days :0)

Katana likes this.
  9. Omegafanman May 6, 2019

connieseamaster, Longbow and Katana like this.
  10. Katana May 6, 2019

Good point. Here are 2 reviews of the GM from Paul Pluta (aka Archie).

Omegafanman likes this.
  11. 64Wing May 30, 2019

I can't wrap my head around why horology YouTube personalities are deemed so "polarizing." I personally love TGV but Archie is a bit of a strong flavor for me. That is not to say that he doesn't know his stuff and make good points, however. I suppose, to each their own.

12. Gentle Ben Jun 5, 2019

New to me, but I knew this YouTube "personality " would be on here. I personally thought this was hilarious...

Omegafanman likes this.
  13. Omegafanman Jun 6, 2019

It certainly makes the case for wearing white Gloves…… I thought my amateur kit was bad enough and still capable of some butchery but that video does take it to another level… a $5 pin pusher would help ….but then again the video was seven years ago and we are all screwed now …on the new bracelets.

01.jpg