Forums Latest Members

Constellation Electronic f300 with Bulova bracelet?

1. Dane Dec 25, 2015

I was thinking that because of the join venture in the movement that perhaps Omega might have also incorporated the Bulova bracelet. Even though this has an Omega clasp, I don't recall seeing this style from Omega, and I'm pretty certain I've seen them on some Bulova's.
    Thanks to all who have some thoughts,
    Dane

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. Canuck Dec 27, 2015

This bracelet (and the Omega) was of an era when it was common for Swiss watch manufacturers to ship Swiss made buckles to North America, to be fitted to domestically made bracelets. The benefits being lower tariffs on the bracelet. I am unaware that there was ever a "joint venture" between Omega (or rather ESA) and Bulova. There were certainly similarities between the Bulova tuning fork movement and the ESA movement. One of the most notable differences being the counter poised tuning fork used in the ESA movement which reduced the positional error of the Bulova version. Your movement is like every F300 ESA movement I have ever seen in that it is marked LIC. (licensed) Bulova. Certainly, there were differences between the two movement designs, but yet enough similarities that Bulova succeeded in forcing Omega to stamp these movements this way. The case on your Omega is very much like the case on the 1970 Accutron I have uploaded. It wouldn't surprise me in the least that domestic made bracelets would have been interchangeable between the two. image.jpeg

rogart, Dane and Etp095 like this.