Forums Latest Members
  1. AlbertoITA Jul 24, 2018

IMG_20180711_124633.jpg
  2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 24, 2018

welcome to the other side @AlbertoITA

if you haven't already found it, you may wish to look at Desmond's excellent web site regarding all things Constellation

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com

Your Constellation is quite unusual and doesn't appear very often on OF
    It would be interesting to know more about it.
    Do you have any more details such as the movt serial number? - to date it
    - and some more pictures please
    (front back and sides)

You also appear to have added a link to a Geneve - is that yours too?

AlbertoITA likes this.
  3. AlbertoITA Jul 24, 2018

Hi, i reply in Italian... Ho il numero seriale del movimento e so che la referenza 163.001 è una referenza non comune. Dal numero seriale del movimento, dovrebbe essere del 1965 circa

kkt and Peemacgee like this.
  4. AlbertoITA Jul 24, 2018

5. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 24, 2018

Thanks for the info &pic

Well, I'm afraid I don't speak Italian but I do read numbers.
    23,6xx would put the watch in the '66-'68 range - and since the 712 163.001 was first introduced in '67, this fits nicely - and I think you have one of the earliest versions of this watch.
    I love it when watches like your's surface as a lot of folks think the font style is a very late 60s/early 70s development and this shows when it began to appear on Constellations
    Now how about some better (full) pictures of your super thin?

and if you do post better pics also put them here:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/vintage-constellations-show-and-tell.19186/page-47

its a sort of pictorial database for Connies and your watch will be a welcome addition

AlbertoITA likes this.
  6. AlbertoITA Jul 24, 2018

7. AlbertoITA Jul 25, 2018

[QUOTE = "Peemacgee, post: 1016094, membro: 12739"] benvenuto nell'altro lato [USER = 45074] @AlbertoITA [/ USER]

se non l'hai già trovato, potresti voler dare un'occhiata all'eccellente sito web di Desmond su tutto ciò che riguarda Constellation

http://omega-constellation-collectors.blogspot.com

La tua Constellation è piuttosto inusuale e non appare molto spesso su OF
    Sarebbe interessante saperne di più.
    Avete altri dettagli come il numero di serie del movt? - ad oggi
    - e altre foto per favore
    (parte anteriore e lati anteriori)

Sembra anche che tu abbia aggiunto un link a un Geneve - anche questo è tuo? [/ QUOTE]
    No the geneve it's not mine. Do you have information about my 163.001. I think it's very rare. Thank's

8. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 25, 2018

I don't know a great deal about these super thin Connies -only what I have read in Desmond's blog
    Did you look at the link I posted for you?
    Since I'm in a generous frame of mind - here is a link to the particular section in Desmond's blog regarding the series of Connies that includes your 163.001
    http://omega-constellation-collecto...6/strangely-nothing-of-substance-appears.html

Rare is a word that is used very cautiously on OF, better to use 'uncommon' instead

if you change the thread title to 'Constellation cal 712 Super thin', you might get some of the Grandees of the forum pitching in with more information

Zdzislaw, flame and AlbertoITA like this.
  9. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 25, 2018

Click "This Essay" in the third paragraph to get the actual article which is a PDF.

Zdzislaw and AlbertoITA like this.
  10. joeshoup Jul 25, 2018

Allow me to translate... "I have the serial number of the movement and I'm aware that reference 163.001 is not a common reference. From the serial number the movement should be from circa 1965."