Considering this for my first vintage speedy (145.022)...

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Not every member of OF is a collector and most who are would not care if a watch had been worn or not provided that it’s a good example of the reference in question. New members come here to learn, not to have us validate their prospective purchase of a watch in poor condition. I agree that at some price point this watch becomes a purchase candidate, but primarily for the bracelet and the box. The watch itself is tired and would likely require considerable work - and expense - to make it into a decent daily wearer. Just my two cents.

I appreciate that input!

Parts value for me would be 4k USD, tops. And as said by others, that’s mainly the bracelet and box, but there sure is value in the case, caseback and probably the movement. The hands, dial and bezel seem to be too far gone to put any meaningful value on.

Much appreciated!

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Not every member of OF is a collector and most who are would not care if a watch had been worn or not provided that it’s a good example of the reference in question. New members come here to learn, not to have us validate their prospective purchase of a watch in poor condition. I agree that at some price point this watch becomes a purchase candidate, but primarily for the bracelet and the box. The watch itself is tired and would likely require considerable work - and expense - to make it into a decent daily wearer. Just my two cents.

I did say Generalisation Alert & Alternative view, I would wear it as is…but that is me.;)

Do go to Speedmaster 101 and have the condition and price points in your brain as you consider the watch.

What I find is that watches tend to look better in the steel than they do in pictures, the first image is very pixelated and over sharpened which generally makes items like watches look worse, the lume does look a very attractive colour and thats important, an attractive watch.

As has been said, the bracelet is collectable, the box is a beauty and for the right price I would seriously consider it, if you leave yourself some room for a service, original crown and possibly some light restoration as in hands and dial you could end up with a very nice speedy that would look great on the wrist, yes it wouldn't be a perfect collectors watch but certainly a nice start into the speedy rabbit hole!

If bracelet and box are not important to you then these items would give you some serious funds to play with, shame to split it all up but thats your options if you do buy it..
Edited:

I did say Generalisation Alert & Alternative view, I would wear it as is…but that is me.;)

I would probably wear as is also, other than a crystal replace and as long as it is running reasonably well...

What I find is that watches tend to look better in the steel than they do in pictures, the first image is very pixelated and over sharpened which generally makes items like watches look worse, the lume does look a very attractive colour and thats important, an attractive watch.

As has been said, the bracelet is collectable, the box is a beauty and for the right price I would seriously consider it, if you leave yourself some room for a service, original crown and possibly some light restoration as in hands and dial you could end up with a very nice speedy that would look great on the wrist, yes it wouldn't be a perfect collectors watch but certainly a nice start into the speedy rabbit hole!

If bracelet and box are not important to you then these items would give you some serious funds to play with, shame to split it all up but thats your options if you do buy it..

Thanks for that input. Curious, if you had to put a price on the box and the bracelet, what would that be? Ideally I would try and keep it all together, but at a certain price it could make sense :)