Forums Latest Members
  1. IgCarr Feb 3, 2018

Hello OF - new to this forum. Learning a lot thanks to your generous comments and advice. Considering diving in with this crazy machine and looking for you fine people to talk me out of it. It's on Ebay, the seller is elady. I researched the seller and found both good and bad commentary on this forum. The watch is described as Seamaster Cal 501 Ref 2846, Serial 14690XXX. I like the patina and the markers are interesting. What do you think? (The pictures are from the seller.) Many Thanks.

omega cal 501 1.jpg omega cal 501 2.jpg omega cal 501 3.jpg omega cal 501 4.jpg
    mario linus likes this.
  2. micampe Feb 3, 2018

I think it looks pretty good, the case is dirty but nice, the movement needs a cleaning but appears in good condition.

One note about elady: they can’t advertise it on eBay but if you go directly on their website you get a small discount.

efauser likes this.
  3. Temprus Feb 3, 2018

nice watch, all it need to look better is replace hands

4. IgCarr Feb 4, 2018

Thank you @micampe. And thanks for the heads up about elady's website.

5. IgCarr Feb 4, 2018

Thank you @Temprus.

6. kreyke Feb 6, 2018

There are green stains on the dial which might indicate moisture has seeped into the watch. Rotor has quite a bit of wear on it. Be sure to factor that into the price.

Case looks sharp and wordings are visible on the caseback which are it's plus points.

7. Bumper Feb 6, 2018

Ask for a photo of the inside case back. The rotor has lots of wear & most likely has rotor rub.

8. IgCarr Feb 6, 2018

Thanks @kreyke and @Bumper for the excellent advice. Here's a pic of the inside of the case back.
    s-l1600.jpg

9. mikechi22 Feb 6, 2018

Hey there! Make sure you let everyone know how things go if you buy from eLady. I’ve been curious what they’re like in a transaction. They have interesting items from time to time.

10. omegaswisst Feb 6, 2018

Hi @kreyke , I also saw the wear on the rotor. Would you also expect to see some wear/marks on the inside of the caseback where the rotor was rubbing?