Forums Latest Members

Considering cancelling my Heuer Autavia Jo Siffert Collector's Edition order

1. sog00d Apr 1, 2018

I’m considering cancelling my TAG Heuer Autavia Jo Siffert Collector's Edition By Calibre 11 order in favour of just going for a speedy LE like the ST but really can’t decide if I should keep it.

I feel lucky to snag one of the 100 available and I like the look of the watch but it really wasn’t on my list and has now put more time between me and those watches on the list.

I wanted to get your thoughts on the new Autavia and what you think I should do.

2. lando Apr 3, 2018

No comment on the Autavia, but "a speedy LE like the ST" would be the thing i would go for.

3. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Apr 3, 2018

I think 99% of TAG stuff I've seen is awful (not to my taste).

However, if I had a chance to grab one of these I'd take it.

Speedies are everywhere, the JS isn't, and if you pass on it and decide later you do want one, well, as @Bill Sohne says, "go find another".

4. Maganator Apr 3, 2018

I think it looks great. I had one in my shopping cart but I didn't pull the trigger because I had other expenses coming up and the fact that they are all being sent from Switzerland meant (being in the UK) 20% would be added to the price of the watch when it arrived to satisfy Hector.

5. ostneb Apr 3, 2018

I would not cancel your order. From what I read online, your watch seems pretty sought after. If possible, I am pretty sure in the future you will be able to sell your watch and pick up a speedmaster LE of your choice with a little bit of profit (depending on which LE you choose).

6. 77deluxe Apr 3, 2018

Go with the watch you really want. You’ll be able to get either one in the future.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 3, 2018

When it comes to watches I have always found the that best source of advice and long range planning decisions comes from one's wife.

:D:D:D

Nobel Prize, efauser, Syrte and 2 others like this.
  8. Aussie Jim Apr 3, 2018

Raised-Eyebrow-620x480.jpg

cicindela and Pun like this.
  9. ulackfocus Apr 3, 2018

Well of course you would. If you had a Siffert Autavia as your avatar, you'd be giving advice that's 180˚ different..... which is what everyone else is recommending (meaning he NOT cancel the order).

Edited Apr 3, 2018
  10. rcs914 Apr 3, 2018

But it does! :whistling:

[​IMG]

11. Foxy100 Apr 3, 2018

I'd get the TAG and then see if you like it or not. There already seems to be some demand on the s/h market from people who missed out so maybe there's a trade to be done somewhere and you'd end up with a better Speedy than you bargained for.

As regards wives, one of mine* once looked over my shoulder when I was compiling a picture for a thread somewhere else called something like 'post a shot of all your watches in one picture' and essentially accused me of lying to her. She'd never seen them all in one place (or picture) and had assumed I just had one black dial watch with white sub dials. I think she realised I had about 15 more than she'd thought. Whoops!

*the official one on the paperwork

ConElPueblo likes this.
  12. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 3, 2018

It is a nice looking watch, but I guess it depends what is on your list.

At this point, if I don't absolutely love a watch (or think I will) I don't buy. It is becoming too much of a hassle these days to try and sell watches, so I would rather avoid buying a watch I may sell.

upload_2018-4-3_8-13-28.png

13. gostang9 Apr 3, 2018

I second this. You must know whether you want it or not.

What has changed from when you originally signed up until now? I don't really get this... I guess I'm a little more intentional than you, I would sign up for a watch if I wanted it, and I wouldn't if I didn't.

Personally I think the Autavia Collector's Edition looks nice, but not so much so that I've been tempted to try to get one.

14. Matt87 Apr 3, 2018

I personally think that the Tag is a great watch, but I would prefer a speedy Lim. Ed. every day!

15. sog00d Apr 3, 2018

Thanks for all the opinions, I pulled the trigger on the Autavia as I knew I had to make a snap call and I really liked the 2017 Autavia minus some details that got fixed with this variant plus I was looking for a panda dial and was weighing the option of this or the CK2998. It was a bit of an impulse buy with a dash of buyers remorse lol. I do love the look of the watch but recently reading up on the Heuer brand vs the competition has made me second guess it based on the communities view on Heuer.

The Speedy Tuesday wasn't on my list as I was going after a pre-moon, which I know will take patience and an Alaksa Project. I finally came to the conclusion that the AP is just way over priced and I have to let it go and removed the CK2998 from my list. That's when I turned my attention back to the ST.

At the end of the day, I don't think I should care about anything other than do I love it on my wrist and will I wear it. I'm just starting my collection as I only have two Speedmasters and have a good rotation between them Not sure how diluted that gets when the collections starts growing.

16. sog00d Apr 3, 2018

Basically, I want them all lol. No tradeoffs.

17. michael22 Apr 3, 2018

If you already have 2 Speedys it may be time to try something else.

18. sog00d Apr 3, 2018

Sorry that was a typo, I have two Seamasters. Got speedy on the brain.

19. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Apr 3, 2018

Fake News!

No worries, multiple Speedmasters cannot dilute a collection.

all speedies.JPG

Riviera Paradise, michael22 and monti like this.
  20. sog00d Apr 3, 2018

Damn, #lifegoals

Btw the CK2998 looks sweet on a bracelet.

Taddyangle likes this.