Forums Latest Members

Condition Condition Condition And Other Pieces Of Advice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2015

Oh, we may beat you up on occasion, but we won't discourage you from asking.

2. 250scr Jan 5, 2015

HA, it wouldn't be my first beating. Thanks

3. 250scr Jan 5, 2015

Thank you very much for posting a picture. I will save this for reference. Now, on the straight lug speedy's, they also have the 321 movement, are they exactly the same then, or are there some small differences

4. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Jan 5, 2015

That is why this is the BEST forum and should never be mentioned in the same breath as that other place.

munkeyface and citizenrich like this.
  5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 5, 2015

There are some minor part differences in some parts in the earlier iterations of 321 and in the some in the interface between the movement and the pushers.

6. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Feb 2, 2015

May I contribute to the Omega Forums a word I have created specially for this fora? When someone takes it too far and the borders to fan boy country since long and far have been breached - I present to you:

Omeganal

Stas, STANDY and dougiedude like this.
  7. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Feb 4, 2015

Select the 'dumb' ones wisely, as the wrong one might get you:

<<<<<THIS!!

8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 4, 2015

This falls more into the category of don't ask questions that you may not want to hear the answer to. :D

citizenrich likes this.
  9. lillatroll Mar 6, 2015

Lots of good advice on here. I am thinking of buying a watch that has a service dial on it, it is a dynamic from the 70s. ( I was only planning to buy one watch a year, but rules are for breaking) Is this as bad as buying a redial and should it affect the pric one would pay for the watch. I know they are cheap to buy but no one wants to overpay. I am not looking to build a collection of rare or special watches or watches that are show pieces I want ones I would want to wear everyday of the year becuase I like them, but I don t want to buy inferior models either especially when its possible to get tip top ones for a few quid more.
    all advice and opinions are appreciated.

Zdzislaw likes this.
  10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2015

Service dial is always a better option than a redial unless you've got someone that can do a spot on perfect job like on the American watches that have dies still floating around.

lillatroll likes this.
  11. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 6, 2015

While it's better to have a service dial than a redial, a good 1970's Dynamic is not rare or expensive enough to justify the step down - unless you are getting it absolutely dirt cheap as a wearer. These aren't expensive watches even in very good original condition, so there's no real positive in not waiting for something better to come along.

citizenrich likes this.
  12. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 16, 2015

The only person who makes the rules for what you buy is you. Plenty of people are happy with less than pristine vintage- we just try to help by enabling the perfectionists and helping the less-than-perfectionists not to overpay ;)

13. PatrickJ Apr 17, 2015

I agree with you. I need to let the dust settle and next time do a lot more homework be it buying new or vintage.. This is a lesson to any new people, take your time on the forum before you buy.

14. w1n9m4n Jun 13, 2015

I am a complete noob and knew by using my sound logic not to buy a redial even though I liked the look.
    Diamonds added an all...If it was $200 i woud get it for a awesome beater watch

$_12.JPG
  15. ulackfocus Jun 13, 2015

Pimp Daddy!

PatrickJ and Matty01 like this.
  16. Matty01 Port Adelaide's No.1 Fan Jun 13, 2015

In breaking news Mick Hucknall has become an Irish recipient. In related news he is now also an Omega ambassador

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.