Forums Latest Members

Completely unfamiliar with UG Polerouter

1. Passover Dec 4, 2017

Hi,

I came across this one, can someplease take me by the hand and tell me about what is good and what is bad?

Thank you very much!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

watch3s likes this.
  2. Mazoue Dec 4, 2017

I think the reference is 869113/01 if you wanted to search for others to compare this with.

I'll do the easy bit and list a few things that I don't think are ideal with the watch:

- the case looks to be have been overly polished, losing some of its original crispness, although this is perhaps less of an issue with this case shape
    - the crystal should have a cyclops for the date window and is therefore not original
    - the dial has some ageing/patina
    - although the crown is signed, I'm not sure it's original to this particular watch

There are plenty of positives but I suspect there may be a better example out there.

watch3s and Vitezi like this.
  3. Florent Dec 4, 2017

+1 crown is not orignal

4. SpeedTar Dec 4, 2017

Except the crown and the crystal (pretty rare) everything is correct for this model.

The crystal should have the "U" logo engraved but (it seems) not a cyclops on this model.

Dial is original, hands are ok.

Concerning the case I agree with @Mazoue, a bit over polished as it should normally have more sharp angle. Here are pictures of the one like this I had :
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/universal-geneve-polerouter-date.62279/

5. Rumar89 Dec 4, 2017

+1 on the over polished case.

On a separate note, nice avatar. Love the curved profile of a Super Connie.

6. ClarendonVintage Dec 4, 2017

Excellent dial

What about the 'Swiss T'?