Forums Latest Members

Completely priceless find for my collection. Just wow!! Boeing Accutron.

1. Spartcom5 Nov 8, 2017

Hey guys so for awhile I have had my Great Grandfather's Boeing Accutron watch for quite sometime and it works lovely (needs a new battery). It wasn't until recently a family member mentioned to me that we had a picture somewhere of him actually receiving the watch from the people at Boeing. Sure enough with some searching we found the picture! I can't explain how amazing it is to have this picture. He received the watch after 30 years of service in 1971 and I have the picture from the day he got it brand new. It is engraved on the back with the date, full name, and 30 years of loyal service. He wore it often so I was told, golfing, etc. Looks like in the picture it came on a leather strap, I am inclined to swap the twisto for a leather band since it looks like the lugs have worn slightly. He loved the twisto bands so it's kind of hard to swap them but to prolong the watch's life I will do so. This may be my best find for my watch collection ever!!
    20171107_230001_resized.jpg 20171107_230027_resized.jpg 20171107_230045_resized.jpg

2. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 8, 2017

Now that’s a vintage watch with provenance ... get it serviced before you cannot fin any one to do it.

3. ac106 Nov 8, 2017

Really really great story! Can we get a shot of the back with the inscription?

4. Waltesefalcon Nov 8, 2017

That is a cool watch and a great piece of family history. I have my great-great uncle's Illinois that he used as a conductor once upon a time but it isn't inscribed and there are no photos to accompany it.

5. ChrisN Nov 8, 2017

I might be wrong but, that looks like Joe Sutter on the left. Basically the guy who sorted out the 747 at the very beginning. Was your Great Grandfather in Engineering at Seattle (Everett)? If so, and he worked with Joe, it must have been one of the most interesting places to work at the time.

Great story.

Regards, Chris

kkt likes this.
  6. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Nov 8, 2017

Very cool indeed, and what a great pic to find. Can understand you being thrilled. Enjoy it, keep the expander in the box for the memories.

7. jimdgreat1 Nov 8, 2017

Super cool! My MIL gave me her dads Beechcraft hamilton. I'll have to post a picture later.

8. Seaborg Nov 11, 2017

Amazing story. Keep it in good health !