Forums Latest Members
  1. aesguerra May 13, 2015

Hi all. I know I could easily ask my nearest Omega boutique this question, but would like to get some insider-info beforehand from people who have no desire to make a dollar off of me.

I've read up on Omega's CMS, but I was curious if I have a say on WHAT I'd like them to do before committing to it. My piece is a 3366.51, and it being an LE, I'd like to restrict it as much as possible to them checking the movement and refinishing the bracelet, and only those two items. Not interested in buffing out dings on the case or replacing any hardware on or in said case.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

Regards,

Alex
    San Mateo, CA

2. italy1861 May 13, 2015

For Omega to give you a two year warranty, I believe it's a full service or nothing...

3. map782 May 13, 2015

I believe the above poster is correct. I just sent my Chronostop in to have the crystal replaced by my local AD. It had to be sent to Omega and ended up needing a full service. I could have opted not to, but I figured I might as well because I did not know the service history of the watch. I am very happy with the results but the price wasn't enjoyable. My wife wasn't thrilled, but I explained to her that is the price you pay for collecting vintage watches. Ironically she is the one who bought it for me which makes me chuckle.

4. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer May 13, 2015

I went to boutique the other day and wanted to get a watch polished and they said full service only.

Some boutiques will polish the bracelet in house, NYC does, not sure what other boutiques offer this service.

5. aesguerra May 14, 2015

Thanks to all for the replies. I guess I'll have to rue over this. I believe there's a (supposedly) "certified" Omega repair center in my area (United Watch Services in SF) that I can check out. Unless someone here knows of another trusted repair place that I can turn to.

Funny thing is that I'm willing to pay the CMS price if they'd only do the aspects of service I want. Go figure.

Regards,

Alex

6. dlim4evah Mar 14, 2017

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 14, 2017

The San Antonio, TX OB does. Nothing like responding to a 2 year old thread and expecting anyone to care.

8. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 14, 2017

Seems like yesterday :)

Etp095 likes this.
  9. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Mar 14, 2017

In another two years, there'll be some new options, please check back then. ::stirthepot::

10. ac106 Mar 14, 2017

@dlim4evah has made 10 posts and all reference Geneva Watch Repair. Let's take a guess where he works. Nothing like a little astroturfing to drum up business.