Forums Latest Members
  1. Dre Jun 26, 2015

Hi fellas,

I've acqurired this beauty a couple weeks ago, I've been wearing it for a few days now and I thought I might share it with you guys. As the title says, the dial on this UG is quite unusual especially on the subdials and some of the scales, that's what makes me actually drawn me to this UG apart from the original hands at the first place. I always prefer a vintage watch that has a lumed hands, and the lumed on this one has aged nicely!

The reference on the caseback suggests that this watch is made in 1943, any watch before 1945 is always a plus in mu book! The movement shows cal 287 which is less common as well than the 283 and 285 if I'm not mistaken.

As for the chrome case, it was the only thing that got me thinking before I purchase the watch. But as Byron @woodwkr2 said to me as well, "some of the coolest military watches that Jaeger made were in chrome cases and those are hugely collectible" and I bought it anyway because I know I still have the option to return it to the seller if the case really bugs me that much. But it has been complete the opposite, it's kinda growing on me and it sort of gives the watch a more worn vintage look and not too clean like a brand new watch. Just a true survivor watch!

All I need to do now for this watch is to get it fully serviced and replace the crown to a better one. If anyone here know a master watchmaker who loves working on vintage Universals, PLEASE let me know! I live in Sydney, Australia and there's just not many master watchmaker around here!

And now, without further ado

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Swiss logo on the bottom of the dial image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    image.jpg

Apologies for the amateur iPhone photos! I'm not used to take a photo of watch nor have any macro lenses for my DSLR!

Best

Andre

2. OliverD Jul 1, 2015

Beautiful watch. I love the hands.

3. nicolas07 Jul 1, 2015

Very nice, congratulations :).
    What's the case size?

4. Dre Jul 2, 2015

Thanks matey, it's about 36mm without the crown!

nicolas07 likes this.