Forums Latest Members

Compare 60th anniversary Seamaster versus Jaeger-LeCoultre’s master control date sector dial

1. Johnjaw1 Oct 25, 2018

Hello all simple question what would people recommend for daily wear . The 60th anniversary Seamaster or a Jaeger Lecoultre master control date sector dial . What are people’s thoughts and daily wear . Long term value etc
    Appreciate your comments as I am new to the watch community

2. padders Oooo subtitles! Oct 25, 2018

Post some pictures and make it easier. I have the 60th but am no expert on JLC.

3. Jantar Oct 25, 2018

I prefer the 60th SM300. I don’t care for the skeleton hands on the JLC or the fact it has no lume. For me that really limits the use. I also think the Omega movement is more interesting. I think if I was going to have one of the JLCs I’d be most interested in the dual time.

I also own the 60th and wear it all the time. It is going to be a bit thicker than the JLC but I think it wears well.

4. Riviera Paradise Oct 25, 2018

Don't own either but I have seen both live. I apologize for the rather poor photo below ref. the JLC MC control date sector dial, photo taken during a quick visit to the JLC boutique in Vancouver.
    20171102_162631.jpg
    I prefer the black dial version of this watch and I think it would be more versatile than the Seamaster 60th LE or the JLC sector dial version.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Still photo from Tim's watchbox review on Youtube.