Forums Latest Members
  1. jpm7791 Jan 6, 2015

I've become interested in getting an older Omega that is slimmer and would work as a more formal watch to wear with a suit. I've found the one pictured below. It is a 30T2 movement and the caseback identifies it as a 2181 3 model. This checks on on the Omega Vintage Watch Database. I see 30T2s have gone from about $2,200 to a few hundred on eBay lately. But they vary widely in condition, dial, material, strap, etc., so it's hard to tell. Does anyone here have a rough idea what something like this would be worth paying?

dial.PNG movement.PNG
  2. mevanavk Sep 26, 2020

Hi, I just saw one of these posted on a local site for approx $800, would love to know what the fair price for this would be! :) 7671C6A5-DE93-4140-BFC6-B0A2028410CB.jpeg

3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Sep 26, 2020

I don’t know anything about Omega but it looks very overpriced. I would not pay more than 350 uSD for something like this, and even that might be too much as it’s not even clear the dial is original.
    You need many more pictures for an assessment.
    You might benefit from reading @ConElPueblo’s wonderful p sticky thread called « Learn how to fish ».

Also you might want to look through various forum threads (including private sales and WRUW) to get a sense of what a « good watch » is and make your own opinion on what you like and what you can afford.

Note that the pricing on the sales forum here can be very variable. Some people sell at friendly prices, others might be asking very ambitious prices and essentially seeking dealer-like profits. In the end it’s all about whether you want to go along with it or not, at least it will give you an idea of what’s available.

Edited Sep 26, 2020
    simomega likes this.
  4. Shay Sep 26, 2020

I really like the calatrava omega produced in the 1940’s. At the moment i also looking for a 30t2 or calibre which are based on 30t2. The price reflect the condition and I see less and less of these watches in good condition and original. If they are the price is on the higher end. Fully agree with @Syrte that @ConElPueblo article is an excellent resource. If you are not an expert on vintage watch then you will benefit from the article but also hanging around on the OF for a bit to learn.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 26, 2020

There is no such thing as an Omega, Longines, LeCoultre or Timex Calatrava.

That is a registered trademark of Patek Philippe.

Like nails on a blackboard. ::rant:
    gatorcpa

vlaspri, Dr No, KingCrouchy and 6 others like this.