Forums Latest Members

CoLAB - join us in the development of Lebois & Co's Heritage Chronograph

1. tom @ lebois May 12, 2021

First of all, I hope this is allowed :)

Let me start by introducing myself; my name is Tom van Wijlick and I have been a watchfan since I got my first Swatch in 1986. In 2014 I revived watch brand Lebois & Co and last year we were able to add Montres Airain. For our next watch we decided to develop it with our community of fans and watch enthusiasts. Therefore I would like to invite you to CoLAB; our collaboration initiative that brings together watch enthusiasts from around the world to collaborate on the development of new watch models. The first project we just started is Lebois & Co’s Heritage Chronograph; the much requested re-issue of the brand's 1940’s chronographs.

First step is choosing 3 out of 9 vintage Lebois & Co chronographs that will serve as inspirational pieces for our new watch + choosing the movement. If you are interested to help and collaborate; feel free to vote and/or comment on our project page: https://colab.watch.

Thanks!

colab inspiration.jpg
    Edited May 12, 2021
    Larry S, khanmu, DaveK and 4 others like this.
  2. marco May 12, 2021

A great initiative, I wish you every success.
    Hopefully these vintage style watches might turn the younger trendsetters away from the hideous AI hanging on their wrists.

tom @ lebois and Faz like this.
  3. PHPHD May 12, 2021

While we are on the topic I do believe this should also be added to the mix
    A0782962-AAE8-41CB-AE17-2ADE75FFCC4A.png

tom @ lebois and marco like this.
  4. tom @ lebois May 12, 2021

A very interesting one! This actual piece was auctioned in Monaco Legend’s auction ‘Exclusive Timepieces’ in December 2019. It was sold for € 5,850 / US$ 6,450 (excluding buyer’s premium). In terms of inspiration, we have chosen our own black gilt dial (number 4) that we own which is quite similar to this one. But this indeed is a great looking watch!

marco likes this.