Forums Latest Members

coil needed for an Omega cal. 1417

1. Quartzcrystal May 18, 2016

Hi, I just signed up. I am looking for a coil for a man's Omega Cal. 1417. Does anyone know where I can get one in the U.S. ? I have seen some on ebay in the international sellers section, but I need it rather soon.

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 18, 2016

3. Quartzcrystal May 19, 2016

Thanks, gatorcpa. A call was made and they said that it would have to be backordered and omega may not even have it.

4. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 19, 2016

Not a surprise as there are some movements (particularly tuning fork and early quartz) that Omega Bienne will not service due to lack of parts.

It might be easier and cheaper to buy another watch with the same movement and hope that the coil isn't damaged.
    gatorcpa

PS - You can try Ofrei.com in Oakland, CA. You never know.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 19, 2016

Found it at CousinsUK as "In Stock", part number OME14179417.

Cost is a bit more than Jules Borel, GBP35, about $50, plus shipping.

Good luck,
    gatorcpa

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 19, 2016

Interesting - like all other 3rd party suppliers, Jules Borel would have been cut off from Omega's parts supply in January. Not sure who they would be ordering it from, but it won't be Omega.

BTW if they come back and say Omega no longer has it, then they are leading you on...it's still available from Omega.

Rather than buy a donor watch that may have the exact same issue, I would suggest taking this to a watchmaker who has an Omega parts account and can get the coil directly from Omega.

Cheers, Al