Forums Latest Members

SOLD Classic Vintage Longines Flagship - cal. 30L

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 9, 2021

I have a few vintage Flagships, which, as many collectors know, was the top-of-the-line manual-wind watch produced by Longines during the 1950s. They were the hand-wind compliment to the top-of-the-line automatic Conquest. These are classic, elegant, and distinctive watches, and were powered by the cal. 30L movements, which featured oversized balance wheels for accuracy, and were arguably the pinnacle of the calibers developed by Longines during the 'golden era' of 20th century watch manufacturing.

[​IMG]

The one that I am offering today is a very nice example. It is a ref. 102, and is in very good to excellent overall condition. It is all original to my knowledge, including the signed crown. The desirable 35.5mm screw-back case is unpolished, though remnants of the Flagship emblem on the back are just barely visible at certain angles. These lightly engraved emblems were really the only weakness in the Flagship design, as they eroded rather easily, even from regular wear. Note that there is also light signs of a NATO-type strap having been used on the watch.

The eggshell (i.e. off-white) dial is in excellent condition, and is very attractive, in my view. One eccentricity of some of the Flagships was the application of small lume plots to the ring around the bezel, rather than on the dial itself. Those plots are all intact, though there is a slight lume loss on the hour hand.

The cal. 30L movement is working, and in excellent condition. I do not know the last date of service and would recommend one for regular wear.

I ask 675€ (or USD equivalent), which is terrific value for such a high-class watch. I will ship from my home in Portugal using EMS express at my asking price. I can accept PayPal, but would prefer bank wire from EU buyers.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

patrick1616, Syrte, Zdzislaw and 22 others like this.
  2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 9, 2021

OHPF!

Zdzislaw, aap, wristpirate and 3 others like this.
  3. amcclell Mar 9, 2021

Tony, one of these days I'll be quick enough to snag one of your lovely watches. This was a beauty and I just saw it now. Funny how work gets in the way of my hobby. Congrats to the buyer!

Zdzislaw and Tony C. like this.
  4. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 2, 2021

Sold! A (very) belated thanks to the happy buyer, supportive members and Mods.

Zdzislaw, LesXL, DaveK and 1 other person like this.