Forums Latest Members

WITHDRAWN Circa 1971 Zenith El Primero A385 on Gay Freres Bracelet. Extract Of The Archives.

1. ndgal Aug 7, 2018

WATCH WIDTHRAWN FROM SALE.
    Just received a call from Zenith to inform me that upon searching their archives for the extract I ordered, this watch came up as reference A384 and not an A385 which means the dial was replaced at some point.
    Therefore, it has been widhrawn from sale.

For your consideration is this vintage circa 1971 Zenith El Primero ref: A385. (Actually an A384 according to Zenith archives).
    Serial: 231XXXX

Dial: Original in very good shape. Dial print around the TACHYMETRE shows some wear. Some wear and discoloration on subdials.
    Hands: Original Tritium hands in good shape.
    Case: Beautiful & sharp condition. this case has never been re-polished by a machine. However, there are a few areas (mainly on lower corners) where it looks like the brushing has been lightly touched up by hand (probably to remove hairline scratches in the past). This can only be seen with a X20 Loupe. I have tried to capture this in the marco photos. But it is pretty difficult, even with a 105mm macro lens. All case angles are super sharp & crisp. Case shows some wear, (Please refer to pictures).
    Bracelet: Original Gay Freres ladder bracelet dated 4/71 with ZKM end links. Bracelet is in excellent shape and shows light stretch.
    Movement: Original ZENITH 3019 PHC. Running and keeping time. No known service history. Could probably use a service. Crown is a later service part.
    Accessories: Zenith Extract Of The Archives has been ordered and will be shipped to the buyer upon arrival from Zenith.

Asking price: [WATCH WIDTHRAWN FROM SALE].

Thanks OF for the space!

Edited Aug 29, 2018