Chronostop band identification

Posts
2
Likes
1
Opened an old box and found my Granfather’s Chronostop Geneve. I remember him wearing it every day when I worked with him paving asphalt driveways and parking lots. Yes it’s not perfect but it’s got all his hard work in it. Unfortunately the band is a little small for me and I would like to source an extra link or two for it. Can anyone help me identify the band numbers or any identification? Thank you in advance. All advice is much appreciated.
 
Posts
786
Likes
841
That seems to be a “rally” bracelet. Others can correct me, but I don’t believe that was made by Omega. It seems more likely that it was purchased separately and the Omega clasp/cover installed.

it would likely be hard to track down links for it without knowing who made it or having a reference number for it. Your best bet is probably to buy a bracelet clasp extender like this:

 
Posts
24,803
Likes
55,107
Those bracelets are particularly expensive, so you can probably just pick one up on eBay and scavenge some links. Alternatively, you could replace it with an appropriate Omega bracelet.
 
Posts
3,580
Likes
13,524
Those bracelets are not particularly expensive, so you can probably just pick one up on eBay and scavenge some links.

FIFY 😉
 
Posts
2
Likes
1
Thank you for the responses. All great information that I never would have figured out otherwise.
 
Posts
1
Likes
0
Opened an old box and found my Granfather’s Chronostop Geneve. I remember him wearing it every day when I worked with him paving asphalt driveways and parking lots. Yes it’s not perfect but it’s got all his hard work in it. Unfortunately the band is a little small for me and I would like to source an extra link or two for it. Can anyone help me identify the band numbers or any identification? Thank you in advance. All advice is much appreciated.
Hi Canada 1, hopefully you are still connected to this group. I purchased my watch 18 years ago from a chap in the USA. I was told it was a commemorative watch for the 1968 Mexico games, as Omega was time keeping 7000 ft above sea level and so the special bracelet.
But apparently this may not be the case, but it is a rare bracelet.
Anyone out there know?

 
Posts
18,762
Likes
38,975
I seem to remember one of my Tissot watches came on a rally bracelet like that, but not with individual links.
Also had a Seiko with a very similar bracelet with the individual links, I think it was a Maruman.
Let me do some looking around.