Forums Latest Members
  1. Dre Feb 3, 2015

Saw this earlier today on a shop window, I was in hurry and have to go back to work so I didn't ask for anything nor hold the watch physically. I was just wondering if this watch might be a legit watch before I go back later and ask for some more infos?

I know the Chronometre Omega is quite a rare watch, but with Tiffany's dial? Please see below, pardon me on the bad iPhone photo! Please let me know if there's any possible re-dial or anything!

image.jpg

2. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 3, 2015

I have seen others like this before. That alone does not make it a true Tiffany watch. Unfortunately, Tiffany has no records of 3rd party watches sold by them over the years. For that reason, I would not give any extra value to the Tiffany name.

The dial looks otherwise original and if the movement as clean as the rest of the watch, it would seem to be a winner.

All depends on the price vs. market.
    gatorcpa

Steve1haggart likes this.
  3. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Feb 3, 2015

Looks ok to me, @Dr No has a nice Tiffany too. :) Paying a premium for the dial is a personal decision...personally I like these double named Omegas. Picture from online:

[​IMG]

4. Dre Feb 3, 2015

Hey guys,

Just went back to the shop and found out that the asking price is on the high end. They bought it from an Omega collector that sold them 3 watches and 1 of them got sold already. And they actually have another omega as well with the Turler dial. The price tag on the Turler dial is $1,5k.

Please see both photos below, let me know what you guys think! I really like both of them but probably I can only afford the Turler one, though I think the asking price is still a bit high for that?

image.jpg image.jpg

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Feb 3, 2015

I think the steel watch is priced at 3X's market value. I hate to think what the price will be on the Chronometre.
    gatorcpa

6. Dre Feb 4, 2015

I knew it's very overpriced but I thought it would just be like 2x's the market value. Yeah the Chronometre is around the $4k mark!

7. Steve1haggart Feb 5, 2015

$1500 well over priced I paid just £300 for this one 2 months ago .

image.jpg
  8. base615 Feb 5, 2015

As nice a piece as it is, I think from memory they've got a price tag of about $8k on it. Everything in this shop is woefully overpriced IMO.

Edit: I see above it's actually $4k now. It's dropped quite a bit since I saw it a few weeks ago.

Edited Feb 5, 2015
  9. Dre Feb 5, 2015

Nice pick-up steve! Good looking watch!

Yeah I went in there once, saw the prices and never go back. But I saw the Omega so I might as well have a look, I knew it's going to be overpriced but not that much!

I know some vintage dealers like Matthew Bain for example, their prices are on the high-end but the watches that they have are exceptional. This is store is definitely not one of them that can pull off that sort of prices.

10. Drawarms Feb 6, 2015

don't pay that much! save the money and wait for one to pop up cheaper.