Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Nov 15, 2013

Just thought I'd share a couple of recent additions:

I have been out of the "C" club for long enough having sold both my Centenaries..So, when this beauty came up I just couldn't resist! And since it's my 30th birthday at the end of the month I thought it would be a little treat to myself (hmm..any excuse, huh...? :p )

This centenary houses the later cal. 333 movement. I have seen inside and it's pretty much stood the test of time, as if it's been frozen for 60 odd years! It's a one owner watch who has had it from new, and is starting to sell off his vast collection, but is not in any rush...

The second is a black dial shark-toothed cross hair dialled Constellation (that's a mouthful) reference 2852 with the typical cal 505. This came along by chance as I dibbed it last year and the seller was kind enough to offer it to me at a decent price.

Very happy with both these purchases and now starting to realise I only need a couple of dress watches in my collection, and as Dennis pointed out earlier - We were both stupid enough to let go of the Centenary the first time!! - it's one of the nicest vintage dress watches IMO. So simple and elegant and refined...Omega certainly knew what they were doing! ::love::

Here's a few pics:

Once I get my camera and lighting box fixed I shall be redoing all these as there's nothing like detail! Until then these iPhone snaps should suffice!? :)

_jonte, heman, NT931 and 2 others like this.
  2. Tritium Nov 15, 2013

Congrats Alex, really nice pair!

BTW If you ever feel stupid enough to let go of the Centenary again, I call dibs on it :p

Dablitzer likes this.
  3. John R Smith Nov 15, 2013

They are both stunning, Alex, but I would take the Centenary as my absolute favourite. You can't really top that, can you?

Dablitzer likes this.
  4. Dablitzer Nov 15, 2013

Many thanks John, I don't think so. It's the only watch that I genuinely regretted selling. They just don't come around in this kind of condition very often, so I had to snag it!

5. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2013

And the box, don't forget you sold the silver box too.:D

Dablitzer likes this.
  6. Dablitzer Nov 15, 2013

Thanks for reminding me, Steve! :eek: :cautious: :D

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 15, 2013

We're here to help :D

Dablitzer likes this.
  8. Dablitzer Nov 15, 2013

;)

9. John R Smith Nov 15, 2013

So often you see these Centenaries for sale and they are a real mess - dials poorly re-finished, or the case hopelessly over-polished, or the movement at death's door, and sometimes all three at once. This one looks vintage, as it should, but cared for and in superb condition. Now just hang on to it this time!

Dablitzer likes this.
  10. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Nov 15, 2013

Both killer pieces. Congrats!

Dablitzer likes this.
  11. Dablitzer Nov 15, 2013

That's so true John, and don't worry, this one is only going from box to wrist! :whistling:

12. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Nov 15, 2013

Sounds like a countdown to a flip - much like a football manager receiving the support of his chairman.;)