Forums Latest Members
  1. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 12, 2021

Hello everyone. I sent my 3570.50 to get it's first service a few weeks back and got it back today. Everything was in great shape and it looked good as new; however, when I got to my truck, wound it up, and checked the chronograph, something wasn't right.

The chronograph second hand got hung up, skipped a little bit then progressed, slowed down, skipped some and was acting erratically. At first I thought it may be acting weird because it was the first time being wound in a little while, but I tried it about 10x and got largely consistent results. At one point the hand almost came to a complete stop...

I took the watch back into the AD and showed them what was happening and they agreed it didn't look right. They're going to look at it in house first and hope it's a simple fix before sending it back to Omega. One of the employees said he thought the hand could be on too tightly and rubbing against the hour hand...

Has this ever happened to any of you? Seems like it's something that Omega should have caught if it was apparent to me within 15 seconds of putting it on my wrist. The AD employees were very apologetic and professional (it's not their fault) but it's still a bummer that Omega overlooked this...

Hopefully it's a quick fix and there's a happy ending, but I'll keep you posted.

Scottwilliams808 likes this.
  2. abgul Apr 12, 2021

If they are serviced hands AFAIK they come very very tight and need to holes need to be 'enlarged' to make it fit right. Not sure if this affects the above. I doubt they were changed.

longhornbba likes this.
  3. fc3861 Apr 12, 2021

I'm curious which service center it was sent to? I was reading some other threads on here the other day and someone was commenting that Miami (I think) sucks and advised to send work to New Jersey (I think these were the cities.) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

longhornbba likes this.
  4. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 12, 2021

Hopefully this is the case and the in house watchmaker can fix it up.

5. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 12, 2021

When I speak with them next I’ll ask!

6. SkunkPrince Apr 12, 2021

Probably me. I have never had a watch serviced in Miami not go back.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 13, 2021

Well since the minute hand is between the chronograph seconds recording hand and the hour hand, it would have to be on REALLY tight to be touching the hour hand. ;)

To me it sounds like the friction spring isn't properly adjusted, or the chronograph needs adjusting for depth of engagement of the teeth driving the chronograph wheel.

Shouldn't be a big issue to fix...

Larry S, Foo2rama, Gui13250 and 2 others like this.
  8. jaguar11 Apr 13, 2021

These things do happen even with the best will in the world. Hopefully it will be sorted in no time!

longhornbba likes this.
  9. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 13, 2021

Hopefully that's the case!

10. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 13, 2021

Yeah the same reason why mechanical watches appeal to many of us is the same reason why they're susceptible to issues like this!

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 13, 2021

Don’t like the “see if we can fix it before sending it back to who was supposed to fix it” bit.
    Have it sent back to Omega if they did the original service.....
    This option is better for consistency if issue happens again.

longhornbba and marco like this.
  12. Gruesome Apr 13, 2021

It is apparently very difficult for these service centers to do appropriate quality control. Ridiculous.

longhornbba likes this.
  13. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 15, 2021

Update: I didn't hear back after two days and gave the AD a call. Apparently the in-house watchmaker wouldn't be able to fix it so they sent it back to Omega's California division for repair under the 2yr maintenance warranty... Will report back with more intel when I get it.

14. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 25, 2021

Update: Still waiting to hear back from Omega after 2 weeks. 7 weeks total.

15. Gruesome Apr 25, 2021

Let's hope they will be able to sort it out. My IWC is now back at the AD, hopefully for an exchange, after two unsuccessful trips to the Texas service center.

longhornbba likes this.
  16. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 27, 2021

I hope yours comes back soon! All this waiting is dangerous for my wallet because I keep looking at what my next watch is gonna be...

17. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. Apr 27, 2021

Update: Called the AD and they said it will take another 2-3 weeks before I get it back.....

18. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. May 11, 2021

She’s back!

AAA11227-386B-41D8-AF4D-BB84345E0702.jpeg

Omega-Q likes this.
  19. Gruesome May 11, 2021

Congrats! Let's hope it's fixed.

longhornbba likes this.
  20. longhornbba We need to talk about your TPS reports. May 12, 2021

Still not a super smooth sweep, but I think even new ones are like that... Keeps perfect time though so maybe I'm just paranoid.