Forums Latest Members
  1. yyir May 26, 2016

2. JimInOz Melbourne Australia May 26, 2016

Well for a start, the one you linked to isn't really a Speedmaster, and that model goes for considerably less than a real one.

3. Willem023 May 26, 2016

Chrono24 does not scan or assess the dealers/people on their site.
    Meaning that you have to do your own due diligence (as always) whilst doing business with one of them.

I myself have had a terrible experience -years ago- with a 'dealer' who posted on C24. Must be quite a lot reliable persons and businesses on it though.
    Prices are generally too high, but there are a lot who have been able to haggle.

My2Ksh
    W

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. yyir May 26, 2016

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member May 26, 2016

Chrono24 has many legitimate dealers, and others that are not trustworthy. There are no easy shortcuts – do your own due diligence.

NT931 and JohnSteed like this.
  6. Steve9pm Strangely obsessed with cheap manual wind watches. May 26, 2016

I've seen some fakes and seriously mislabeled watches. Beware

Larry S likes this.
  7. JohnSteed May 26, 2016

Synonyms /

eBay
    chrono24

Always do your homework as @Tony C. says

8. jens0125 knows that watches were made to be worn May 26, 2016

i had a not so good experience with chrono 24 and their trusted checkout, suppose to be like paypal, bought 68 transitional and when received the dealer had switched the dial and hands, it took a month and many calls to germany to get my money back, but four weeks of frustration and anxeity
    buy from trusted dealers on forums...........

9. yyir May 26, 2016

ok thanks for the info - I'll look for a speedy on here. I am in Miami in November, so might locate someone from here around then and pick one up then - unless its cheaper in the UK!

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 26, 2016

A while back there was a thread on the proliferation of a semi-accurate looking Cal 8500 Planet Ocean / Seamaster 300 counterfeit that was around eBay, after looking for a while we found about 5-6 listed on C24, after making notifications about them being counterfeit no action was taken and they remained for sale.

11. WatchVaultNYC May 26, 2016

I sell on Chrono24, and there is very little vetting involved. Regardless of the buying venue, research on the seller is required. Less protection on Chrono24 than Ebay, since "Trusted Checkout" is basically bank transfer.

12. DocDave May 26, 2016

Chrono24 lists many different sellers from all over the world. My recommendation would be to do your homework and research, research, research. Google the seller, send them questions, etc. If you're not happy with the reply, then trust your gut.

NT931 and OMGRLX like this.
  13. Adziu May 26, 2016

I saw some fakes on Chrono24 as well, while some of other watches seemed to be overpriced. I'd rather spend more money than fall for a fake listing, but -as stated above- it appears that one always needs to do some research prior to the purchase, no matter what the "channel" is.

OMGRLX likes this.
  14. littlesheep81 May 26, 2016

No quality control at all. Some great dealers but also some random crap... Buyer beware!

15. trackpad May 28, 2016

Personally had a bad experience with a dealer found through them, and have seen fakes and poorly assembled franken-watches galore listed there. There is zero quality control.

I would add that listings are also consistently out of sync with what the dealer actually has in stock...so listings linger a long time after the watch in question was actually sold. Seriously, there are some aspects to Chrono24 that almost make me reflect fondly on eBay. Almost.

But at the end of the day...what @DocDave said.

16. NT931 May 28, 2016

Due D is critical. I've had 2 successful deals through C24 - one from a dealer, one from a private seller - and several others that I walked away from as the email exchanges were unsatisfactory, or when 1-2 of them tried to stick me with ridiculous shipping fees.

I've been lucky so far I think, but the first time was the scariest - private seller, so I could really have been scammed. It took several emails, a Skype session (where I made the seller show me the watch on Skype), and googling of the seller before I went ahead. It was fortunate both seller and I were in the same profession so we could google each other to verify our credentials, otherwise I wouldn't have gone ahead.

trackpad likes this.