Forums Latest Members
  1. BurntAvocado Jan 22, 2017

Has anyone ever bought from Chrono 24? Looks like they have some very reasonably priced Omegas. Specifically this dealer http://www.chrono24.com/dealer/watches83/index.htm

I'm looking for a vintage Omega either Seamaster or Genéve if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

2. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jan 22, 2017

Welcome to the Forum!
    Be very careful with that site, you are doing the right thing by asking.
    You may want to keep an eye out the private sales section here...

3. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 22, 2017

You have the same risks as you would on eBay. Not to say you cant find the right stuff, but you need to know how to discern

4. BurntAvocado Jan 22, 2017

Have you ever bought something from there?

5. TTG Suffers from watch FOMO. Jan 22, 2017

At least on Ebay, Paypal is your best friend. Most (if not all) of the sales on Chrono is by wire..

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 22, 2017

Honestly it's just like eBay there is little checks for fakes or fraudulent sellers. You are not buying from the website but someone that posted there.

So basically there is no way to say good or bad things. It's buyer beware.

Edited Jan 22, 2017
  7. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Jan 22, 2017

What they are saying is "You are on your own."

And no, I have never found anything to buy there. Because either it was over-priced, suspect in terms of authenticity or seller's credibility.

Quit looking there after a while as it was a waste of time for me.

8. M'Bob Jan 22, 2017

Actually, if you find a piece you like, cross-check it to the dealer. IF the seller is well-known, has a brick and mortar business, I would consider a purchase for sure.

Psych likes this.
  9. BurntAvocado Jan 22, 2017

Interesting information everyone, thanks for all the help. You guys are extremely welcoming.

10. OMTOM Jan 22, 2017

Yes, I have.
    Did I have problems? Yes, I did.
    Did I get any support form Chrono24? No, I didn't.
    How did I resolve it? I went to see a lawyer.

11. AnotherDon Jan 22, 2017

I have bought from the site and had no problems. But as the others have indicated, do your due diligence BEFORE you pluck down cash. I use my credit card (even when it costs a bit more). The comfort of being able to protest a charge, if need be, is comforting to me.

One advantage for me is that there are a few dealers that I know and have dealt with that post on that site and if any of them have something that I'm looking for, I may find it on Chrono24 but then contact them directly.

One of the first things that I learned in the watch hobby is to buy the dealer before you buy his watch. If you don't have a good feeling about the dealer, just keep looking. Risking a couple of thousand to save a couple of hundred is seldom good odds.

Just my $0.02 Your mileage may vary.

12. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Jan 22, 2017

Ditto to all of this. I recommend patience and watching the Private Sales forum right here. In 25+ transactions on OmegaForums, I've always been pleased...

Remember: Buy The Seller!!

13. BurntAvocado Jan 22, 2017

Good to know, looks like until I learn more this is the place to be.

14. alam Jan 22, 2017

Chrono24 is a platform (e-shopping mall) for Sellers (merchant stores) to showcase their merchandise. I would not blame the "mall" because a bad experience with a particular "merchant" in the mall - buying the Seller first is the prudent/recommended, regardless of the platform (eBay, Chrono, or forums).

15. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jan 22, 2017

There are many honest sellers on Chrono24. Due diligence is crucial wherever one buys.