Forums Latest Members
  1. Gentle Ben May 27, 2019

I've read some threads referring to Chronext both good and bad. Still, I'm wondering what recent experiences anyone has had. Seems almost too good to be true...

Ex: 2019 Omega Speedmaster 311.30.42.30.01.005
    Screenshot_20190527-194118_Samsung Internet.jpg

That's $600 less than most other grey dealers...what's the catch?

2. padders Oooo subtitles! May 28, 2019

You saw the bit about import fees, right? Chronext ship from Germany and the UK so there will be tax to pay for a US customer, if that’s what you are.

WatchShopping and Gentle Ben like this.
  3. jsducote May 28, 2019

In that case, add another $104 (3%) for customs duty.

4. padders Oooo subtitles! May 28, 2019

I think it’s more than that and not a flat rate, it varies depending on things like movement value, case metal etc. It’s horrible to work out. I would work on nearer 6% as a rough estimate personally but it will depend on the watch worksheet or value breakdown submitted by the shipper.

sxl2004 likes this.
  5. jsducote May 28, 2019

6. Gentle Ben May 28, 2019

See this is why this is a great forum. I didn't even think about the import fees (located in U.S.). Thank you.

7. CHRONEXTNA May 28, 2019

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of our team at CHRONEXT thank you for the inquiry! Our pricing for Canada is inclusive of duties however hybridized sales tax (HST) is not included and is to be paid upon delivery.

For our valued customers in the USA & territories our pricing does not include duties as mentioned above.

In the UK our pricing on our website is inclusive of all customs and taxes.

I hope this is helpful and if you have any questions regarding the sale of this Omega or any other for that matter we are always available to assist you via telephone call, web chat or email.

Have a wonderful day.

8. sgrossma May 28, 2019

I've inquired before on something. They told me it was out of stock.

9. CHRONEXTNA May 28, 2019

@sgrossma I'm terribly sorry to hear that was the case. We do our absolute best to source our timepieces in enough volume to provide it to our clients but at times I do concede we cant.

Please accept our apologies here. We hope on your next inquiry we are able to provide a better outcome.

10. Dsloan Oct 2, 2019

Hi all, I'm also curious about anyone's Chronext experiences. The prices seem a little too good to be true. For example, having a BB GMT in stock for around $3.3K. Anyone else buy from them?

11. Croc Oct 2, 2019

I purchased a watch from them a couple of years back, part exchanging another watch. My experience was positive and I’d happily buy from them again. Arranged the deal with their main office in Germany, but dropping off and collecting from one of their branches as I preferred this option. Hope this helps.

12. Dsloan Oct 2, 2019

Thanks! I appreciate this information. I didn't realize they had physical stores. Alas, I am in the US, so that doesn't seem like an option for me.

13. keepitsimple Oct 3, 2019

I buught an Explorer 1 from them. Perfectly reputable - although I'm in the UK, I dealt with the purchase online from (I think) their Koeln office at the time.
    They may not always exactly meet their promised delivery dates (they didn't with mine) but are a genuine outfit.
    I have no business relationship with them other than as a customer.
    As you're in the US, you'll probably have to pay import and any other local taxes, so make sure they can invoice you with a price that is minus VAT to start with.

Edit - FYI - it came with all boxes, papers etc. and the necessary cards filled in by the original AD who supplied it to them.

14. Stufflers Mom Oct 3, 2019

I've used them twice, only to sell. Quite happy with the service but they are slow payers which is a little annoying as it can take up to three weeks to pay out, still it's safe and reliable.

15. scapa Oct 3, 2019

Fine to deal with and generally good communication IME, but prospective Canadian buyers especially should factor in the 5% duty payable on most watches entering the country plus full PST/GST and FedEx brokerage, which can add between 11 and 19% to the final price. Still some decent values there, and a wide range of models available, but sometimes quite close to AD pricing by deal’s end.

16. Dsloan Oct 4, 2019

Thanks all - I appreciate this information.