Forums Latest Members
  1. KRLYUZH Aug 7, 2014

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share this. Fortunately and unfortunately it has been sold off my site before I had a chance to even post it on forums, but this was a killer brown 321. Pretty sure the new owner is a member here ;)

IMG_1317.JPG IMG_1321.JPG IMG_1323.JPG IMG_1327.JPG

homebrw, Gavin, watchyouwant and 4 others like this.
  2. JohnSteed Aug 7, 2014

A nice example :thumbsup:

3. Pasbru Aug 9, 2014

What strap is that, maker, color, style number. Thx.

4. persco Aug 9, 2014

I saw you post this on IG and almost fainted. Such a beautiful patina.

KRLYUZH likes this.
  5. Tritium Aug 9, 2014

Really nice strap.
    Also interested.

6. KRLYUZH Aug 9, 2014

These straps aren't branded, and I don't believe they are available for sale anywhere. The guy makes these for me and other dealers I know and we buy them in bulk. They are just nice, hand made, vintage leather straps. I generally use them as watches come that need a new strap before selling, so I keep about 20 in stock at all times. I don't mind selling a couple if someone wants one. PM me and Ill send you a pic of whats available.

7. initialjh Aug 9, 2014

very nice... wished to have been offer it first!! :D

8. homebrw Aug 10, 2014

I bought this beauty. It wasn't offered here first, because I contacted Krlyuzh directly before he even had it in hand. Many thanks to him for working with me on a quick timeline and for allowing me "dibs.". He is a true professional to buy from. I cannot recommend him enough. He was great with the communication too. Handing over that much money via the internet with someone you've never met can be scary, but I can say without hesitation it will be a slam dunk with this guy.

Oh, and the Speedy? I'm not allowed to drive with it on. I'm too in lust and I get busted staring at her. More than I wanted to spend, but it is a good first vintage watch for me I think. I like the strap too. It certainly completes the vibe. Good thing, as I had a handmade strap in mind for my first Speedmaster, but I'm broke now.

Thanks to this great forum, and a great seller, I didn't have to learn any truly expensive first lessons.
    Chris

UncleBuck and TLIGuy like this.
  9. repoman Aug 10, 2014

Nice one Chris... the early bird most certainly got the worm on this one. Buy once, cry once. I'm sure it was painful, but that's such a beautiful time piece, I don't see any buyers remorse in your future, nor any "trade up" anxiety. Oh, and dibs from here. :D

homebrw likes this.
  10. JohnSteed Aug 10, 2014

Jackpot! Simple as that.

:thumbsup:

homebrw likes this.
  11. homebrw Aug 12, 2014

Thanks everybody. It seems the consensus is pretty unanimous. It really makes me feel like I got the right one.
    Repoman...duly noted. Although I think it is doubtful. I want to get to 4 watches one day and this is one of the permanent positions. Such a great and information packed forum.
    Chris

12. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 13, 2014

That is a very nice example.

it looks from the photos that the colour is an even brown, on the classical darker side. Photos of brown dials are so difficult to capture, to show an accurate rendition of the actual colour and quality. From what I can see it looks fantastic.

for me the most important characteristic of a good brown dial is that you keep looking at it. The watch continually draws the eye, and each time it does, you think, that looks good! Certainly in this case your watch does that!

in this case, the price paid is irrelevant.

now I would love to see some photos side by side with a black?

13. homebrw Aug 13, 2014

14. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Aug 13, 2014

It's a great comparison and sunlight too.

i think your dial is very, very nice