Forums Latest Members
  1. thrillson12 Apr 29, 2017

Hello All

Getting ready to make my first purchase. Most likely a Speedy Pro. Any recommendations on good Chicago area ADs? I've been to the Michigan Ave boutique several times but want to make sure I've explored all of my options.

Thanks

2. turbineboy Apr 29, 2017

If you are looking for a good deal.... And don't mind pre-owned, there are some stores on Wabash ave that are too good to pass.

3. thrillson12 Apr 29, 2017

Any shop in particular you've had success with?

4. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 29, 2017

I think that Burdeen's in Buffalo Grove is in Lake County. You can avoid the City and Cook County sales taxes.

toddle321 likes this.
  5. LemansBoiler Apr 29, 2017

Oakbrook was my favorite store but it shut down recently. Matthew Abitabile has been my contact, he's now down at the Michigan Ave store, great guy to work with.

I hadn't considered different sales tax now that they're downtown though...

6. Buck2466 Apr 29, 2017

Not an AD, but comes with Omega warranty and nice prices and in the area.

https://www.chitownwatch.com/

7. thrillson12 Apr 29, 2017

Any personal experience with that site? Any downside of just having the warranty but not going through an AD?

8. Tik-Tok of Oz Apr 29, 2017

I bought a speedmaster from chi town watch in August 2016. Fantastic service. Fast delivery. Items brand new as represented on the website.

9. Buck2466 Apr 29, 2017

No personal experience, but have read and heard about nothing but happy customers. The warranty cards are stamped by an AD is my understanding, so no worries there. Just like buying from an AD. There website states if you don't see the watch you are looking for, they can order it in for you.

10. djpatrick35 Oct 30, 2017

As for Burdeen's, we are in Cook County, so those taxes apply in our standalone building UNLESS we ship to you - then it's wherever you live. When we do ship, we presize the watch for you - all you have to do is measure your wrist or come in and we size it to you. I hope that sufficiently answers any questions. We have about 100 or so new Omegas now and it's a bit hard for me not to add a Speedmaster to my collection. But my wife would slit my throat.

toddle321 likes this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 30, 2017

Then you could use the life insurance money to pay for the Speedmaster :cool:

djpatrick35 likes this.
  12. djpatrick35 Oct 30, 2017

:thumbsup:That's some logic I can get behind. I kinda built the site around what I like when I shop for watches. Omega (Omega especially) & Breitling handcuffs me with what I can do. But if you have ANY recommendations with what you like about either https://shop.burdeens.com/ or https://www.burdeens.com/ please send them my way. I'll do my best. I'm really one of you guys. I've owned 23 watches and I've been collecting for about 10 years. I'm on watchuseek too but work too much, so I've gone dormant. This place is really fun to work with and Matt Burdeen gives me complete freedom with the site. So if you have any feedback, I welcome it.