Forums Latest Members
  1. TDBK Mar 31, 2018

I just bought a mid-80's Speedmaster Pro, but haven't yet received it. When it comes in, do you have any advice or thoughts on what I should do immediately to check it out? Specifically, I'd imagine I'd like to know if there's anything wrong with the watch which would create an issue which I should resolve with the seller (some "not as advertised" problem) and I'd like to know if there's reason to believe it needs an immediate servicing. Do OB's offer an evaluation service? Is it the kind of thing I'd need to make an appointment for, and what would I ask for?

Thanks!

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 31, 2018

Photos?

3. TDBK Apr 1, 2018

I haven't received it yet, I'll post some when it shows. I'm more interested in general advice than in this specific watch.

4. TexOmega Apr 1, 2018

Do you have a watchmaker?

5. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 1, 2018

Always best to ask these questions before buying not after.
    Did you buy it aight unseen?
    Did the seller send you photos?
    If so share the images so we can offer advise.

Edited Apr 1, 2018
  6. amanson Apr 1, 2018

If you don’t know when it was serviced last, assume it needs a service.

7. TDBK Apr 1, 2018

Here are some photos; maybe you can explain what the photos have to do with the question.

It is one of the original 345.0808 watches with the rose/copper 863 movement, which I've been looking for for a while.

The seller made no representation about a recent service, I know that it should be serviced. (Anyone have a recommendation for a NYC watchmaker for this service?)

I was more interested in what, if anything, I should do to check it out immediately.

Thanks!

img-1.jpg img-2.jpg img-6.jpg

8. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Apr 1, 2018

I wouldn’t send it to Omega, find a competent independent watchmaker in your area. He/she can give you an eval and service it.

Edited Apr 1, 2018
  9. CPRwatch Apr 3, 2018

Hi & welcome to the forum .Not a lot to add to the above posts ,but I had to do a second take on your avatar , you must have been stood in pretty much the same spot as I was when I took this picture last June .
    ny bridge.jpg

10. Foxy100 Apr 3, 2018

Did that model come with the seethrough case back as standard (I've only had earlier Speedies) and if not, did the seller send you the original one?

I have an Omega arriving this week and have arranged to take it straight to my watch repairer for him to check it over. I can't recommend anyone in NYC, you really need someone you can take the watch to see rather than sending it in the mail (which is what would most likely happen if it went to Omega).