Forums Latest Members

changing date on speedmaster racing

1. alberto Mar 31, 2014

is it possible to change the date on the speedmaster racing at any time?
    on the general manual is not so clear if cal. 3330 has a fast or slow change of date, so maybe it's safer not to change the date between 8pm and 2am as recommended for other watches.
    thanks

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 31, 2014

I think the Calibre 3330 is a 7750 based movement, and the 7750 definitely is a slow date change

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 31, 2014

The 3330 is based on the 7750, but the changes they made to the dial side to move around the chronograph functions also lead to changes in the date driving system. The 7750 uses rigid fingers for the day and date change, but the 3330 uses the same sort of date indicator driving wheel found on the 2892 or 2824. So it is a spring loaded finger.

This spring loaded finger reduces the chances of damage if the date corrector is used when the date driving wheel is engaged with the date indicator. However I would still wait until the watch is not in the typical restricted hours before changing the date. It might not do any damage right away, but changing the date when the two are engaged frequently could lead to problems.

Cheers, Al

4. alberto Mar 31, 2014

Thanks a lot Archer.
    I was asking because the first time I adjusted the date (15 days ago, my Racing is brand new - and it's a present, so I was not at the shop and I couldn't ask to anyone when I did it), I thought it was a safe time. But the date changed at noon, so I eventually changed the date at a not safe time.
    Then I went to a Omega Boutique, they set the right date and the watch is working perfectly. They also said the watch is ok, but I wanted a second opinion.
    Thanks a lot again, maybe I'm exaggerating, but I' in love with my Racing and I want to be sure that everything is ok.
    Cheers

5. alberto Mar 31, 2014

And of course thanks to you, Dsio.