Forums Latest Members
  1. PatrickJ Oct 4, 2015

Previously I purchased this seamaster last week. I took it back and exchanged it for a speedy. The Seamaster was a great watch but something changed in me. I was lucky the omega boutique were happy to exchange it and I paid difference.

20151003_184829.jpg 20151004_211728.jpg
    davidswiss, jflores, TLIGuy and 3 others like this.
  2. Mothra Oct 4, 2015

personally, I think that's a great choice....

3. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Oct 4, 2015

Both are fabulous watches and maybe at some future time you'll have both!

Try putting a dark-ish brown, natural leather strap on your Speedy when you feel like changing things up; that combo, with the bright white hands and markers is really eye-catching.

4. PatrickJ Oct 4, 2015

Thanks, I have a vintage omega as well but this was my first nice new one. I think the speedy is the foundation and a seamaster or rolex date just 2 after in later years. The Seamaster dal and bezel is spectacular but the Speedy don't change much and it is a historical icon.

5. PatrickJ Oct 4, 2015

Thanks, nice advice

6. shutterlife Oct 4, 2015

Both are great watches. My first watch was purchased 13 years ago and was a seamaster pro. Still runs great. Just recently added a speedmaster.

7. PatrickJ Oct 5, 2015

This moonwatch is my first proper informed brand new purchase. I purchased a seamaster in 2004 at that time I had more money than sense. I got feed up with it because it would not keep time as well as a quartz. Lol. Sold it a while later and regreted it ever since, once i learned more regarding horology. The Seamaster is an amazing watch the current one cosmeticly is very special. However, the moonwatch with the history and continuity that has hardly changed from 1970 with the 861 and then 1861 from 1996 has to be a foundation that in later years will have a seamaster and Rolex date just 2 41MM added.

8. lillatroll Oct 5, 2015

How does that work with exchanging watches? Do you get some kind of grace period where you can try the watch for a while or is it down to the shop individually to decide if you can change? Did the watch give you a full refund as it were or did you lose some money on it? Good that you got the watch that you are most happy with, it would be frustrating to live with one you are not 100% happy with.

9. PatrickJ Oct 5, 2015

I was luck I had a really nice manager to deal with. I had worn it for two days, but none of the tags had been removed and it was on a nato so the braclet had not been used and all protective coverings had been intact.

There is a grace period for exchange as long as braclet is not adjusted to fit your wrist, no refunds allowed at Omega boutique. I just paid the difference.

Even if they refused I would of still been happy with the SMP. However, something was telling me for the first one (they may or may not be a second) it should be the iconic speedy.

10. Nicked Likes the second class watches of the Proles Oct 11, 2015

You made the right choice.

PatrickJ likes this.
  11. Audley Yung Oct 11, 2015

Speedmaster looks slightly better, but only because that NATO strap on the Seamaster was throwing me off

12. ulackfocus Oct 11, 2015

Personally, ::facepalm2::.

Yet another drop of Moonwatch in the sea of Speedmasters.

[​IMG]

::stirthepot:: :D

PatrickJ and STANDY like this.
  13. PatrickJ Oct 12, 2015

The history of the moonwatch sold me