Forums Latest Members

Certina New Art automatic vintage

1. nkb Apr 10, 2020

Hi all!
    I would like to ask the Certina experts/enthusiasts about this particular example that I am interested in.

I have done my research on this model (New Art automatic) and there is nothing to suggest it is a redial EXCEPT it says " T Swiss Made T" on the dial but there is no lume on the dial or hands!
    At first I thought it was a problem but I have since read that this "anomaly" is possible.

Everything about the dial and hands looks original, the case is unpolished and the crown is original.
    There are no pictures of the movement (the research says the movement is Certina 25-651) but the seller is advertising it as fully working.
    Price is $195 . Is that a good deal given the condition?

I can't pinpoint the year without the movement number although is it likely to be 60s or 70s?

Any comments/feedback would be great thanks!

Certina3.jpg

Certina1.jpg

Certina2.jpg

Certina5.jpg

Certina4.jpg

2. ConElPueblo Apr 10, 2020

I'd say original. I have a few Certinas with correct dials without lume, but with T's.

Hard to say anything about value - it may end up a few $ cheaper in an auction setting, but nothing that will get you a down payment for a house.

0uss and nkb like this.
  3. nkb Apr 10, 2020

Thanks for clarification on the lume and Ts!
    I thought you might answer. I know you like Certina!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  4. ConElPueblo Apr 10, 2020

These are one of the Certinas I like to point people looking for a nice Seamaster DeVille in the direction of. Great watches.

nkb likes this.
  5. nkb Apr 10, 2020

That's true. It has very similar case shape qnddesign (including monocoque) as a seamaster de ville at a very affordable price.

This one looks like a 60s design, am I correct?

If I do buy it I will post my own pics to the vintage certina thread!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  6. frankpaul May 15, 2020

Hi. I am late.- Sorry for that.
    Did you buy it and if so;- are you satisfied with it.
    This modell was may entry to vintage watches. To be precise: the manual winding model.
    By now I have also got the automativ version.
    With me it was exactls as ConElPueblo pointed it:
    Was looking for a seamaster and passed by the NEW ART Certina.
    If you are for the look ans build quality:- go for it

Unbenannt3.JPG IMG_1627.JPG
    nkb and wagudc like this.
  7. nkb May 17, 2020

Hi, never too late!

I have not got it yet; I have another incoming and will have to wait a while first. You know what it is like with this hobby!

I agree with you and ConElPeublo that is a very competent and more affordable alternative to a Seamaster DeVille.:thumbsup:

Will send photos when I eventually get it:)