Forums Latest Members
  1. R3D9 Mar 6, 2018

Up for sale is my vintage Certina DS-2

I picked this one up from a forum member some time back and have really enjoyed wearing it from time to time. Selling to make way for a couple of recent acquisitions here on the forum.

There are three main attractions to this watch in my eyes: a) the originally black dial has faded to an even, beautiful chocolate brown; b) the caseback is, for the money, the coolest one you'll find anywhere and c) the watch wears nicely on the wrist for a vintage piece at 38mm w/o crown.

Case Material : Stainless steel (definitely polished but full of character)
    Case Size: ~38mm excluding the crown
    Lug Width: 18mm
    Glass : Domed acrylic crystal in good condition
    Crown: Replacement crown - not original to the watch
    Movement : Caseback is unopened but I expect it to be the Certina Cal. 25-651 (see notes below)
    Dial : Original Matte Black dial has faded to a chocolate brown
    Hands : White hour and minute hands (good condition) and red seconds hand (some darkening near the tip)
    Strap: Included with the watch will be the pictured Bonetto Cinturini Rubber strap with Deployant (sized to comfortably fit my 7.25" wrist)

Box and papers are not included with the sale.

Price : $250 USD OBO net to me. I am always open to offers, so please do get in touch if you are interested.

Payment to be made via PayPal friends and family.

Canadian Residents - I am happy to accept payment via PayPal (as outlined above) or Interac E-mail transfer.

The watch is located in Guelph, Ontario Canada. Shipping is to be made via Canada Post with their optional insurance coverage, at the buyer's expense.

I am a private collector and will set the post OHPF after receiving the first PM saying "I will buy this watch now at your price".

Pictures make up the most important part of any watch listing. Please have a close look below and feel free to ask for any additional angles/detail:

CertinaDS2 - 7.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 4.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 3.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 5.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 6.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 3.jpg

CertinaDS2 - 1.jpg

I don't have the tools to open the caseback so photos of the movement are not available. Based upon this web article - http://thewatchspotblog.com/?p=4742 - I expect the movement inside will be the Certina Cal. 25-651, however as I'm unable to confirm visually, I can't be certain. Movement is non-hacking and setting the date must be performed by changing the time between 10pm and 2am - there is no quick-set date change feature.

The service history is unknown, but the watch runs well, losing time at a rate of ~13 seconds during a recent day spent wearing it on the wrist. A service is recommended if you plan on wearing this in regular rotation. I make no guarantees with regards to timekeeping and am selling the watch as-is from a movement perspective.

No returns please unless condition is materially misrepresented.

References here on OF:

https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d9-great-seller.71102/
    r3d9-is-a-great-seller.66416
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d9-great-seller.59947/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/r3d...ller-an-absolute-pleasure-to-deal-with.58748/

Edited Mar 6, 2018
  2. ConElPueblo Mar 6, 2018

This variety with the black dial, black/red seconds track on white background and white/red hands is one of the best looking DS-2 varieties. Not blatantly 70's like the psychedelic acid dials, but with a cool, sporty flair befitting of a watch with credentials like a Certina DS. GLWS!

tmw57, R3D9 and BenBagbag like this.
  3. R3D9 Mar 7, 2018

Sold and headed back to from whence it came (Switzerland) :thumbsup:

Thanks to the buyer and OF for the space.

BenBagbag and oddboy like this.
  4. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 7, 2018

nice watch but as a red / green color deficient ( trying to be PC ) I cant see red on a black background if my life depended on it

good hunting

Long LIVE DS !!!

Bill

ConElPueblo and R3D9 like this.