Forums Latest Members

FS Certina DS-2 vintage watch with box

1. Blaise Jul 15, 2019

Dear all,

I need to move a few cheaper pieces again to make room for a grail purchase so this one has to go. It is a Certina DS-2 with original box. I bought the watch from an estate with the box but no papers. It was in amazingly good running condition but the seal was gone and the crystal needed replacement. Also, there was some heavy DNA sample on the lugs from the previous owner (I guess) so that needed to go too.
    Certina DS-2- (1 of 9).jpg
    Certina DS-2- (2 of 9).jpg
    The watch was cleaned, revised, a new seal has added as well as a new crystal. It is running now around 3-5s/day so extremely well for its age. I put a generic black 18mm leather strap on it with quick release spring bars should you wish to update the look with a new strap.
    Certina DS-2- (3 of 9).jpg
    The dial is in overall very good condition. There is a small mark at 10 o'clock. Not sure if that's only dirty or anything else. apart from that, there is no stains or flakings on the dial. Even the lume dots behind the applied indexes are still there. This is not a quick set date but it changes as it should. The reference of the watch (as you can see from the case back) is 5301 300. vwww.intagecertinas.com put this reference to from 1968 to 1976.
    Certina DS-2- (8 of 9).jpg Certina DS-2- (9 of 9).jpg
    As far as measurements the watch is 38,2mm wide and 12,7mm thick. It takes an 18mm strap.

The case back has the famous turtle that Certina uses on their DS (Double Security) watches. Speaking of which, the yellow ds ring is clearly visible on the movement photos. As you can see the caliber 25-661 is clean without any rust stains. As I said, it runs fine. The crown is not marked Certina.
    Certina DS-2- (7 of 9).jpg
    I would like to get €300 for the watch PayPaled as friends and family. If you need any references please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you for reading.

Certina DS-2- (4 of 9).jpg Certina DS-2- (5 of 9).jpg Certina DS-2- (6 of 9).jpg
  2. Blaise Sep 14, 2019

Bump on this cheap but fun vintage Certina