Forums Latest Members

Celebration of the Moon landing 50 years anniversary - Europe

1. Bille Jul 3, 2019

Hi OF

Sitting here trying to find out where in Europe they are celebrating the 50 years anniversary of the Moon landing. There is so many happenings and events in USA, but I’m not sure about Europe.

Except from the “Saturn V” this week in Switzerland - what is a “must” if you are a big fan of Apollo 11 and the Moon landing?

Hit me!!!!

2. OWa Jul 3, 2019

3. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 3, 2019

Well as an Omega fan the obvious place is the (renewed) Omega museum in Bienne/Biel Switzerland... lots to see and some interesting Apollo-era spaceflight related items... ranging from space-flown Speedies & hardware to a complete Mission Control panel desk.
    Pitty the Omega museum didn't understand/notice that Armstrong's A7L spacesuit was completely white and the suit on display has Armstrong's nametag but also carries red stripes to represent Eugene Cernan's A7LB space suit of Apollo 17...
    When the Apollo 12 astronauts couldn't remember who was who on their lunar spacewalk photos, NASA decided to give the Commander red stripes on the spacesuit... Apollo 13 onwards... Apollo 14 to 17 Commanders walked on the Moon with red striped A7LB spacesuits.
    There's light at the end of the tunnel as the heritage team will probably rectify the Apollo spacesuit display within a few weeks time...

4. Bille Jul 3, 2019

5. Bille Jul 3, 2019

Thanks - a visit on the Omega museum is definately on my wish list - maybe this summer.

6. astrand Jul 3, 2019

I heard or read absolutely nothing about it here in Stockholm Sweden, but this was made up by the fact that 1 in every 4 teenagers is walking around with NASA branded apparel. Seems like a very strange trend, but I assume NASA must be making some revenue from these products.

7. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jul 5, 2019